ARM LIFT

ANGIE934
on 3/10/09 2:41 pm
HI I AM HAVING A ARM LIFT DONE ON 3/16 I WAS JUST WONDERING DO I NEED TO BUY A SPECIAL TYPE OF SHIRT LIKE YOU HAVE TO DO WHEN YOU HAVE A TUMMY TUCK AND ALSO I WANTED  TO KNOW DO THEY DO THE SAID OF YOUR BREAST WHEN THEY DO IT.I KNOW THAT THEY ARE NOT GOING TO DO A BREAST LIFT BUT DO THEY GET THAT SAGGY FAT ON THE SIDE OF YOUR BREAST UNDER YOUR ARMS.
DEBI R.
on 3/10/09 5:55 pm - CORSICANA, TX
Congratulations on your brachioplasty.  I'm having a panniculectomy (TT) and brachioplasty April 8th and my surgeon said the fat under the arm would have to be done with a breast lift,  he's only doing the arm itself. You might ask your surgeon about it but it's probably the same only the arm itself but it doesn't hurt to ask anyways. Good luck with your surgery. Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

ilyssajane
on 3/11/09 1:50 am - Forest Hills, NY
Congrats!  I had mine done 8 weeks ago and I found it very useful to have button up shirts (a size larger for comfort) and button up PJs to hang around it.  I couldn't lift my arms high enough for much else for the first 2 weeks, after that, a wide neck shirt was helpful.  In regards to the skin/ fat on the sides of your chest, near your breasts, I had that removed in my procedure, my doctor called it an extended arm lift, some doctors call it an upper body lift.  You will need to speak with your doctor b/c a plain arm lift only takes care of your arms (normally).  Good luck!!!!!
Ilyssa
RNY 6/22/05 = 268 * TT 2/22/07 = 164 * Arm Lift 1/16/09 = 170
Happy in life and that is all that matters!!!!

JoniKspring07
on 3/11/09 2:10 am - onaway, MI
I had an arm lift done on Feb. 12th.  I didn't buy anthing special to wear.  I just wore my husbands flannel shirts. They were warm and comfy.  Having a big shirt like that was the easiest to get into without having to move my arms too much.  I didn't have the side boobs taken care of with that surgery because I am having a breast lift and tt on April 8th and I hope that will take care of the side boobs.

Best of luck with your surgery!

Joni

ANGIE934
on 3/11/09 2:56 am
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP. I REALLY DIDN'T GET A TIME TO TALK TO MY DR ABOUT EVERYTHING I WAS JUST SO HAPPY THAT HE SAID I COULD HAVE IT DONE. I FORGOT TO ASK QUESTIONS. I AM ALSO HAVING ANOTHER PROBLEM  I THINK THAT ONE OF MY SISTER THAT IS OLDER THEN ME IS BEING A LITTLE JEALOUS A IT IS HURTING MY FEELINGS, BECAUSE I WON'T HERE TO BE HAPPY FOR ME I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THE BIG LITTLE SISTER.
DEBI R.
on 3/11/09 7:01 pm - CORSICANA, TX
I'm like you I forgot to ask alot of questions at my initial visit so I made another appt for the 19th to do that. My surgery is scheduled for April 8th but I want to know exactly what is going to take place before I have it. Why don't you make another appt with your surgeon that way you can ask everything you forgot to ask the first time. I wrote a list of questions that I'm taking with me so I won't forget this time.

As far as your sister, I'm sorry she's jealous it's sad because you would think she would be so happy for you but things like this happens all the time. I hope she changes her attitude and she  realizes that this is what you need to do to complete your weight loss journey. Good luck with everything. Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/12/09 5:05 am - OH
My PS did have me buy a special compression garment, but it irritated then incisions in my armpits so I ended up just keeping my arms wrapped with Ace bandages for several months (literally).

As far as regular clothes, for me it was actually easier to use pull-over tyype shirts (like a sweatshirt) because I could put both arms in first and then duck my head to put it on... whereas with a button-up-the-front type of shirt, it hurt to pull the second arm back to get it into the sleeve.

My PS *did* extend my incision down along the side of the breasts to get rid of that "side boob" saggy skin, BUT if I were going to do it again, I would have him quit once he got through the armpit.  The small sag there was well hidden by my bras, and therefore didn't really bother me, but it was included in the price, so I figured "why not?".   Well, not only did I end up with seromas next to both breasts, but the tightness of the skin tends to pull my breasts outward (and I know of two other people who had the same problem).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active