Update on my drain issue

Danielle H.
on 3/12/09 9:45 am - Atlanta, GA

Hey everyone and thanks for your help yesterday.  Last night my PS emailed me back and he was concerned but said if the bleeding stopped it was going to be ok but make an appt today.  Already had an appt so no big deal and it quit bleeding at 5ccs and started again when I moved around today...grrr.

So I went with my issues, belly button hole (like 1/2 qtip deep) and the drain that hurts and moves...

He was great, output was still in the 60's really didn't want to remove it, but he said it did concern him that it was moving in and out (the drain, so I could see the white part and then it went back under skin).  He removed the drain after a little discussion - said he'd probably regret it since fluid would likely build up and begin seeping out of somewhere in the incision line that wasn't fully healed yet.  He took off all my tape - some had been removed to take stitches out but there was some that had been there the full 13 days.  All gone, and drain removed.

Now on to the belly button...well it was seeping, blood earlier this week so I thought maybe a stitch was just pulling too tight.  Was cleaning it with alcohol and then perioxide like they told me and I wasn't sure how deep it was - well I stuck almost half a qtip in and thought yikes!  I didn't do it again.  so he was like, stop doing that, don't do that, I don't know what your poking into when you do that.  I said I only did it once...had no clue!  My prior belly button was really deep and smelly so I definitely don't want that again!  Anyway, said its probably a hole, and its seeping, so maybe the drainage stuff will just come out through there instead of a drain or creating a new hole....at least I can hope.

Thanks again for yall's help and concern!  This is a great forum for PS issues!  By the way, I am finally off all the meds for pain - just the heavy stuff - I do midol, tylenol or advil instead.

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

akers123
on 3/12/09 9:53 am - Charlotte Hall, MD
YAHOO....we are drain free girl!!  Its awesome!!!

Congrats on the Doctors appointment today.
Kristi Akers
Gastric Bypass - Feb 6, 2004
Lower Body Lift - Feb 25, 2009
Breast Lift/Lipo - Dec 7, 2009
Upper Body Lift/Arms - Feb 23, 2011

Melissa M.
on 3/12/09 10:18 am - Seabrook, TX
Bet it feels good to be without that drain.  Hopefully your belly button will heal without anymore problems!

Melissa
DEBI R.
on 3/12/09 5:24 pm - CORSICANA, TX

I'm glad you got the drain out.  I'll keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery. Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

MyQnA
on 3/13/09 2:01 am
very glad to read your drains are out but, i will pray the worse part is behind you now.

~Maxine

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 

Most Active