Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

4evercaligrl
on 3/12/09 1:29 pm
Hello everyone! I am so excited! I just found out that I have a date set- April 1st!! I cant believe it is finally happening! anyways, I am having the TT and breast reduction/lift and was wondering if anyone has been through it and has some advice.  I have no idea what to expect-how much pain? when I will be fine (and i mean really fine-like back to the old me)  I am starting school in August but need to move in July.  Will I be ok time wise?  did i mention the how much pain question?  also, any helpful hints from someone who has been through it would be great.  by the way, I found out that my surgeon is sending a bunch of vitamins to take for this month.  How have my fellow bandsters dealt with this? do you just crush all the pills? is that alright? 

Thanks everyone!!!!
cbhjr98
on 3/12/09 7:57 pm
Hi! No advise here, just wanted to wish you luck. I have all the same questions. My surgery date is April 2nd at 0900 for an LBL and extended thigh lift and calf lipo.  Let's keep in touch!

Cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
BigCityGirl
on 3/13/09 1:51 am - San Diego, CA
I've both those and a few more thrown in for good measure.  I went back to work in two weeks after both surgeries.  So the timing is no problem.  Pain is relative to the individual.  For me, the boobs were nothing.  The abs with the muscle tightening felt like I had done 1000 situps the day before - soreness lasted for a few weeks but the incision pain was well tolerated with narcotic drugs prescribed by the surgeon  I stayed on those about four days after my ab work. 

I don't have a lap band but a VSG and I never crushed pills - ever.  So I can't relate to that.  Pills go easily through my system and don't chew holes in my very small stomach remnant.  Good luck with your procedures.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
islander
on 3/13/09 2:03 am - Middletown, RI
I'm about 5 wks. out from the same.  The pain is manageable, but I am frequently uncomfortable with swelling & itching/burning.  I make use of Tylenol.  I have no energy, but otherwise can function.  I don't know when I'll be the old me, but I certainly look good & all the back/neck pain is history!

Check with your Dr. about the moving bit.  The only exercise I am cleared for now is walking.  I am up & about, but the time is limited before I get achy or just plain exhausted.  My appetitie is just returning & I quickly lost about 15 lbs.  I recorded some measurements before surgery so that I can see the changes & remind myself to eat! 

Sorry, no help with the banding & vitamin question.  My surgeon  didn't give me anything.  I take vitamins, etc., & increased my vitamin C before.  I like chewables.  I wear a compression garment almost constantly; sometimes even for bed.  They are sleeveless tops that extend to the hips.  My favorites are the ones that are slightly gathered at the bust.  I'd much prefer ones with a snap crotch, but no-go on finding them. 

Good luck!

Heather M.
on 3/14/09 9:08 am - Westmont, IL
Hmm  I am sorry I can't give you any help. The strange thing is that my surgeon advised to stop taking BCP's three weeks before for blood clots and no vitamins for a week before. huh?  Strange.

~~Heather
Pre/Goal/Now   307/180/150  BMI 22.8

Most Active