PA, NJ, DE, MD, NY Please Help

GorgeousIsa
on 3/12/09 11:36 pm - Philly-delphia, PA

Here goes...I am in my twenties and will be married in September...I have no children but would love to have one within the next 5 years but I also want to have cosmetic surgery next year in April/May...My fiance is VERY supportive of this and the main things are a TT, Boobs, and Arms...I would rather do this first and have a baby later...Your thoughts.

Also Price: If you are near PA PLEASE tell me how much you paid and who you used and your experience. I understand that every surgeon is different and what applies to you may not apply to me. Gathering general information will be very helpful. Thanks so much in advance for any information.

HIGH-294CURRENT-151 GOAL-150LBS GONE-143LBS 2 GO-1 (Last weigh in 7/14)   Platics Done: Breast Reduction (5/14) Extended Tummy Tuck w/ Anchor & Brachioplasty (5/29)
BigCityGirl
on 3/13/09 1:47 am - San Diego, CA
You need to continue with your weight loss and once you stabilize your weight then start going to consults with plastic surgeons - they're free consults.  Ask a board certified plastic surgeon about doing these procedures before having a baby.  I think the conventional wisdom is to do it after having a baby.  Tummy Tucks and Breast Lifts were kinda invented as the "Mommy Makeover" for women AFTER they had children to put things back in place.  Your boobs and abs will take a beating with pregnancy.  And there's always the possibility of a C-Section to further complicate things.  If it were me, I'd wait.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
GorgeousIsa
on 3/13/09 1:49 am - Philly-delphia, PA
Thanks BigCityGirl. If I wait until after I have kids I would be trying to get pregnant in December 2010...That would be 2 years post op...That is not to bad. I havd had "consults" on price and procedures so that I know what to expect and what to save for.
HIGH-294CURRENT-151 GOAL-150LBS GONE-143LBS 2 GO-1 (Last weigh in 7/14)   Platics Done: Breast Reduction (5/14) Extended Tummy Tuck w/ Anchor & Brachioplasty (5/29)
BigCityGirl
on 3/13/09 2:38 am - San Diego, CA
That's not too long to wait.  Focus on your WL now - your best shot is the first six to nine months after your WLS.  Then focus on permanent lifestyle changes like moderate exercise - walking would work great for weight loss, and maintenance and pregnancy.  Good luck with everything.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Susan S.
on 3/13/09 4:34 am - Roselle, NJ
You do not want to go through plastics before a baby - as a pregnancy will undo most of the benefits of any reconstruction......so.....continue with your journey - get yourself to goal - get yourself very fit!!!!!   have your baby....and then pull it all together......and enjoy every minute of it - it all goes by very quickly.     Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

GorgeousIsa
on 3/13/09 4:37 am - Philly-delphia, PA
Thanks so much...I am starting with a trainer soon and hopefully I will be at goal by June 2010...If not sooner...And start trying in December...That would give me two years to save up for my procedures...I will definitely have my baby first and then be a hot mama..lol.
Most Active