ANYONE GET BLISTERS FROM TIGHTENED SKIN AFTER ARM LIFT?

sel
on 3/13/09 9:47 am - colchester, CT

Had brachioplasties done on Tuesday, today got to take off bandages and shower. I have multiple areas along inner aspect of my arms that have blisters, my right arm is worse and is almost completely covered from the elbow up about 6 inches. Called surgeon  and was told to apply dry gauze and keep covered, will see him on Monday.

I was just wondering if anyone else ever experienced this,  as I had not heard of this happening before.

Thanks

PS my arms are so tight and contoured, it is amazing....do you think my skin was pulled to tight?

Sher

thegraduate120
on 3/13/09 10:17 am
The tape causes blisters, it's probably not from the skin being too tight.    They are painful - try not to retape over them.   I found the more plastic-type tape was easier on my skin.

Congratulations on the good outcome.

-- Alison

Brandi7920
on 3/13/09 10:26 am - Nashville, TN
I developed blisters from the surgical tape from my lap RNY. The blisters hurt. I picked up several different types of tape and bandaids as I had drains and had to keep stuff covered. I switched and tried to make sure that I didn't tape over areas that were already blistered. It was a pain in the butt - and itched for daaaays.

I'm sorry you are having to deal with that in addition to your incisions. I wish you an uneventful and speedy recovery.
RNY 02/16/04
LBL, MTL, Lipo 06/04/09
351lb to 170lb
whisperingliz
on 3/13/09 1:11 pm - paramount, CA
Ouch! I remember i got one from my first surgery. Yeah, its the tape. I have a scar from it  and this was 3 years ago.
Redhaired
on 3/14/09 2:35 am - Mouseville, FL
Sher-
I had blisters on my right arm.  And you are right these are from the surgery itself.  I have gotten blisters from tape in the past -- but there had been no tape in this area.  When I was in the hospital they put a clear plasticy pad with some sort of ointment type medicine on the the area where the blisters were.  After I left the hospital I used telfa pads to be sure they did not stick to that area.  The blisters healed and did not scar.

Red

sel
on 3/14/09 11:14 am - colchester, CT

Yes, where the blisters are there has been no tape. Each day I change bandage there are more blisters that have developed and then drain. I am glad to hear that they did not leave any scars. How long before they stopped developing?

Sher

Redhaired
on 3/15/09 12:47 am - Mouseville, FL
It was probably a week or so after surgery that they stopped.  They were not painful -- but they were scary.  They looked so bad I was afraid the blisters would scar.  But they did not. 

Red

Most Active