UGH!! HELP...I can't lose these last 15-20 lbs - getting VERY frustrated!

(deactivated member)
on 3/14/09 10:34 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!
I'm getting VERY frustrated!!!!  I've been at a plateau for weeks... I can't drop this last 15-20 lbs and I'm getting very frustrated/disgusted!
I've thought of cutting my calories but didn't really want to go below 1,200.  I workout daily (cardio daily and weight lifting 3 times a week).
I drink 12-15 cups of water everyday and lately (the last 3 weeks) I feel like I'm retaining water.  (FYI - I had a hysterectomy 5 yrs ago so I know it's my period).
Anyone have any helpful tips on how to jump start my weight lose?
Your help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Ruth
sel
on 3/14/09 11:34 am - colchester, CT

The only advice I can give you is to try and change up your exercise routine. Your body may be used to your routine and you need to reve it up a bit and change it around,

Dont' give up, by the way, maybe the remaining pounds are excess skin?

Sher

(deactivated member)
on 3/15/09 1:58 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I've been thinking of adding some pilates to my routine....
I think I need to lose at least 15 lbs and then the skin will take another 15 lbs off and I'd be VERY happy!!!!
Trying not to lose hope......thanks for the encouragement!
Ruth
BigCityGirl
on 3/14/09 12:08 pm - San Diego, CA
INTERVALS

That's how I did it - it took me a long time to figure this out but it did take off the last 15  pounds - at a rate of 5 a month.  PM me if you have questions.  Good luck!
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
(deactivated member)
on 3/15/09 1:58 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I'd be thrilled with 5 lbs a month...will PM you...
THANKS!
Emily_Rose
on 3/14/09 2:54 pm - Fort Worth, TX
How many carbs are you eating a day?  You may need to get them under 20 to get rid of this last amount of weight
(deactivated member)
on 3/15/09 1:37 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I eat a lot of fruit and veg......My oatmeal in the morning is more than 20!
I don't eat much in the way of bread, rice, pasta or potatoes but I do get close to 100 in carbs.
The protein powder (whey protein) and the soy protein meal I use once a day both have 20 each....
How do you keep your carbs under 20, mine is much higher than that. 
Thanks!
Susan S.
on 3/15/09 6:59 am - Roselle, NJ
 This will surprise you sweetie - but try eating more - more protein and healthy fats........1200 is a minimum calorie requirement for somebody with little exercise - if you're pushing as you say you are - increase your calories - I eat between 1800 and 2000 a day when I'm at full throttle (I've not been since I've had my second round of plastics) - but it's not always about eating less....it is about changing the variables..........Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

(deactivated member)
on 3/15/09 12:18 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi Susan,
I must admit I get very confused about how many calories I need.  To lose the weight I've already lost I was eating about 1600 cals a day.  I'm afraid that by cutting down to 1200 (which I did about 3 or 4 weeks ago I may be shutting down my metabolism but at the same time I'm afraid 1500 or more is too much..  I can't even imagine eating 1800+
I'm driving myself crazy trying to figure out the right number of calories and the right amount of protein and carbs.

I do 60-80 mins cardio each day and weight lifting 3 times a week......do you still think I need to eat more than 1200?

Thanks for the help!!!!
Ruth
PS - did you get my PM?? Been wondering how your surgery went........
Most Active