Recovery/return to exercise job

katiekat412
on 3/16/09 2:52 am

Hi All,

I'm six months out from RNY, and I'm sure I'd like to get my boobs back to where they were intended to be. Well, to clarify, I'm thinking tummy tuck and breast lift with possibly a small implant.
I have an office job Monday thru Friday, but I teach aerobics on the weekends. If I cut out the abs porition of class, how long do you think I would need to be out of my aerobics job?

Any guesses are welcome!!

Thanks

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

Danielle H.
on 3/16/09 5:44 am - Atlanta, GA
I think you're going to have to ask your surgeon that question, they all vary.  I just did a LBL and he told me nothing for 4 weeks, but I've seen some people say they are walking at 2-3 weeks but no core work.

I definitely think at least 2 weeks but that would be an absolute minimum and would also depend on the cut and your healing.

Are you at goal already in 6 months?  Is your weight stabilized already...I know a lot of surgeons require optimal weight or within range and then stable weight too.  You're really early out - I did my BL at 10 months, but waited til 15 months for LBL.

I'm still not at my goal, but my loss had stalled for 6 months, so my surgeons agreed I was done...until now of course!

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

katiekat412
on 3/16/09 8:55 pm
Oh, no. I'm definately not done with losing (I hope), but I need to plan in advance. I'd like to ail for sometime between Sept and Dec of this year, which would put me at over a year out. It's an oppertune time to take off from the gym as well. It gets slow during the holidays and then everyone makes their resolutions!

Thanks for the input. How long to return to high impact? I teach kickboxing so it can get pretty intense, but I can still minimize ab stuff.

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

O. Kufi
on 3/16/09 1:04 pm, edited 3/16/09 1:04 pm

Definitely ask your surgeon. You teach an aerobics class awesome. My surgeon had me walking the day after surgery. I was on the treadmill in about 4 days walking slowly. In about 10 days I was walking 30 minutes and in 2 weeks I was walking 45 minutes to an hour at 3mph. Dr S did say no ab work for 6 weeks though.

Happy hunting and healing!

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

Most Active