How much additional time?

not_quite_Barbie
on 3/16/09 2:53 am
I'm planning to take two weeks off work for my TT, BA and medial thigh. and trying to figure out how much time I'm going to need for follow up visits.

So how many times did you have to go back to the PS office and why?

Thanks,
Not quite a Barbie (but sure am getting a lot closer!)
BigCityGirl
on 3/16/09 3:52 am - San Diego, CA
Are you having all of these done together? 
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
ilyssajane
on 3/16/09 4:15 am - Forest Hills, NY
Hey Barbie!

I took 3 weeks off for my TT (anchor cut and lots of lipo) and that was all I had done at that time and then when I had my upper body lift, I took off another 3 weeks.  It all depends on how you heal as to how much time you need off, also if I hadn't gotten paid for those leaves, I would have only taken 2 weeks each, but it would have been more difficult.  I was in the doctor's office once - twice a week depanding on the week.  More in the begining and tappering off. 

Good luck!!!
Ilyssa
RNY 6/22/05 = 268 * TT 2/22/07 = 164 * Arm Lift 1/16/09 = 170
Happy in life and that is all that matters!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 3/16/09 4:30 am - St. Paul, MN

Hello! I had similar amount of work done... 2 weeks was pretty quick to get back & I ended up taking an extra few days to total 3 full weeks gone (plus weekends flanking the sides of those work weeks). I had scheduled it for 2 weeks also but ended up needing a little more.

As for follow-ups I had 1 per week for the first 2 weeks then the next one was at 1 month out & 2 months out roughly. The follow-ups were quite quick (like 15 minutes) of just a review of the ways things were healing then Q & A for them to ask the stuff they wonder about (common issues, etc) and for me to get my questions answered. I have done them at the beginning of or end of the work day to minimize time gone.

Hope this helps. Best of luck!

Kim Meeks
on 3/16/09 4:42 am - lubbock, TX
i am having lateral thigh lift and breast augmentation
my doc wants me to take 4 weeks off
seems like abut twice as much time as i need - to me
i only took of 2 eeks (ten days actually) when i had RNY
please let me know what you find out

someone told me "if you dont have time to recover, you dont have time for surgery"

i hated hearing that - even though i suspect it is true

i was planning on taking off about 17 days
like having my surgery on a thurs and returning two weeks later on that monday

trip to laurie's

Kim Fiveash   
START: 270 /GOAL 150/  Lowest 129 /Current 140 (my new goal is 135 - half of 270=)

Danielle H.
on 3/16/09 5:47 am - Atlanta, GA
Trips to the PS will definitely vary based on how your healing is going, whether or not you need wound care, separations, etc.

I went twice the first week, once the second and once more this week.  Its up to your PS and how your recovery is going.  Definitely need a driver for the first week or two really.  I just started driving on Thursday, so that was just shy of 2 weeks.

Barbie land here we come!

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

not_quite_Barbie
on 3/16/09 6:31 am
Thanks everyone,

I'm getting the TT and BA for sure, my surgeon is hedging on doing the medial thigh at the same time. Though it's only an hour more ont he table he doesn't want to pu**** so it's going to depend on how i'm doing if he'll do that part or not.

I have 2 weeks saved up, but can go in the hole for another 4 weeks at the most. I would just prefer to not go in the hole unless I absolutely have to.

Thanks again!
Barbie
Tee M.
on 3/17/09 4:54 am - CT
My best advice to you.  Dont have the thighs done with the rest, BUT see if they will lipo the thighs during this surgery.  You will be so much happier if you have the lipo done and then have the skin on the thighs tightened after the lipo has healed.  Your legs will look much thinner and less  of a scar drop will happen.  Sucks to go back again, but I didn't have the lipo done and wish I had.

Other reason not to do thighs, you will be severely limited to almost all movement and unless you have a completely selfless caregiver that will be at your beck and call for at least a week, you are seriously gonna be up a creek....

Good luck and hope you heal well

Tee

Why is it we all know how to use our tool, but refuse to do it?

Road Less Travelled
on 3/17/09 8:01 am
VSG on 12/13/10 with
I had a BR -- and could have gone back to work in 2 days -- it was the lipo that hurt (felt like I did 10,000 push ups)

I took 6 days off (whi*****luded the 2 days weekend) so 4 work days total.

When I have my TT - I am hoping for 2-3 weeks max - or so I hope.

July 2007 = lap band ...Sept 2010: lap band removed....Dec 2010 VSG
HW: 283... VSG SW: 244 ..  got down to 170 -- now at 193 and "back on track" ....GW: 155

Most Active