Stomach tight & did I pop a stitch?

Danielle H.
on 3/16/09 6:03 am - Atlanta, GA
I sneezed so hard this morning I swear I popped a stitch near my belly button.  It hurt so bad for a minute then nothing, but ever since that my lower tummy has been swelling...and it feels really tight due to swelling.  I am going for cold laser therapy at 5 so I'm hopeful that will reduce swelling like it did for me last week and that will make it feel better.

Does anyone know if its possible to pop stitches?  My dr is out for this week, but I can email his assistant if necessary.  I assume there are so many layers of stitching that one popping is not going to make a big difference, but the swelling this afternoon has me a little concerned...maybe it just one of those days and its concidence too.

Anyway, other than that doing ok.  Found out today no workouts until 4 weeks...for some reason I thought sooner, but 17 days and not up for it yet anyway.  I'm by no means just laying in bed.

My belly button smells...a new development - so I got a response from PS that just said watch it and make sure no redness, fever or chills - if so call immediately.  Other than that I don't have those things, but the yellowy part on the bottom bit of bb looks odd to me, and my buttons been draining fluid for about a week now and its dramatically slowing down.  Can go almost all day without even soaking a pad now - whereas last week I was soaking through 2 a day.  Nice stretch marks I know...but hey its tons better than it was!  Any thoughts?

Also anyone heard from Denise V lately?  Haven't seen her around.

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

Melissa M.
on 3/16/09 9:08 am - Seabrook, TX

Can't offer advice yet since my surgery is tomorrow.  I just wanted to let you know tht I think your incision is healing nicely.  Looks great actually!

Melissa

sel
on 3/16/09 9:50 am - colchester, CT

I guess it is possible to pop a stitch, but as you mentioned there many stitches and layers of stitches so I wouldn't worry too much. Looks like things are healing nicely.

Rest and let yourself heal.

All the best.

Sher

happy girl
on 3/16/09 1:07 pm
I don't know about the stich, but your BB looks like it might be starting an infection.  Keep an eye on it, like they said fever, chills, redness and if your skin gets hot.  Can your PCP help you with that?  You might be ok with a topical cream or something.
I too hope Denise is ok.

Best to you.

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

shoegirl1023
on 3/17/09 10:59 am, edited 3/17/09 10:59 am - Solon, OH
Your tummy does look good, although that belly button does look a little infection, get it check asap if I was you. My dr told me no working out until 6 weeks out and definitely no ab wor****il 3 months out, so be careful as to what you do. Did u have your muscles tightened also? The only exersise I have been doing so far (at 9 weeks out) is walking, and will attempt some light weight machines probably in the next couple days.  I threw up quite a lot one day last week and thought my insides were going to explode from it, but no damage thankfully.

What is cold laser therapy by the way?

Thanks and take care

JOANNE 
OH Support Group Leader
My local support group meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month - please message me for further information

We are on a continuous journey without a destination

Most Active