is it normal

IAMASWEETHEART44
on 3/16/09 10:56 pm - aurora, IN
I had a hysterectomy and hernia adhesion removal surgery with a panni removal on feb 26th and im down from 4 drains to 2 and had a slight infection on the site of my tight drain so im on keflex staples have been removed.
Last night was taking a shower and was washing along incision line and its hard underneath the skin all the way across the incicion line which is from hip to hip i ahve no open are in the incision,but my fear was cellulitus or is it suppose to be like this?
He took off 30 pounds of skin and i had over 100 staples on the outside.
Redhaired
on 3/16/09 11:43 pm - Mouseville, FL
Call your surgeon.  You had a pretty big surgery and it is better to be safe.  It may be entirely normal swelling or you could be developing a seroma -- only your surgeon can tell you for sure.

Red

not_quite_Barbie
on 3/17/09 12:34 am
Wow, 30 pounds. I bet you will be feeling a whole lot better about yourself and able to move much easier now (once you recover from the surgery, that is). Hope you heal well.
IAMASWEETHEART44
on 3/17/09 3:39 am - aurora, IN
thank you i did call the surgeon i see him tomorrow and beens its not causing any problems he says it will be okay til then.
Im hoping its nothing just my body healing.
Yes i do get around alot better and its wonderful to have a lap i havent seen mine in years so i stare at it alot.lol
Most Active