3.5 months out from TT...and not happy...

Jennifer C.
on 3/16/09 11:03 am - Scott AFB, IL
So this is what I look like 3.5 months out from TT.  I am not happy....what do you think?

from the size...notice the dog ear....

This is the muffin top....

Jenny
Consult/Surgery/Current/Goal
243/237/146/135
5'2" SHORT!!
TT 12-2-08

BigCityGirl
on 3/16/09 11:25 am - San Diego, CA
I would not be happy either.  What is that hole on your side right front?  Did you have an anchor cut TT?  What does your surgeon have to say?  If you haven't already discussed this with him, now is the time.  Let him know what you think.  If you have faith in this surgeon's work then a revision is in order.  I'm sure it can be fixed. 
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Jennifer C.
on 3/16/09 11:39 am - Scott AFB, IL
The hole is from where I had my RNY.  I didn't have an anchor cut, he chose to do the hip to hip incision.  I have discussed it with him and he says lets see what the insurance says, so I am waiting on that.  I went on last Thurs. and he took pics to submit to them.  I think I need a revision and I will fight to get one.  I really don't think the ins. should have to pay again, for a job that he didn't do well.  I had all the faith in the world in him before this.  he had done my breast reduction in 06 and did a great job, so we will see.

Jenny
243/237/146/135
5'2" SHORT!!
TT 12-2-08

MelissaF
on 3/16/09 11:39 am - Northwood, IA
Jennifer,

I am going to be honest as I don't like sugar-coating.  I do not think your results are good my dear.  I would be very upset too (again not trying to hurt your feelings just being honest).  Have you expressed your dissatisfaction with your surgeon.  I would be saying I want a revision.  This is a big procedure, did you pay cash or did insurance pay if I may ask?  I am anxious to hear the feedback of others on here and especially Dr. L.  This isn't acceptable in my opinion. :(  Sorry to say.  Hang in there and be proactive with your surgeon and honest about your feelings... for you, you deserve that at least.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Jennifer C.
on 3/16/09 11:43 am - Scott AFB, IL
No sugar coating is necessary.  My feelings aren't hurt.  I understand what you are saying.  I am waiting now to see what my insurance will say as that is the way my dr is wanting to go.  Insurance paid for it the first time and he said he wanted to resubmit to them, but I have been thinking about it and do not think that the insurance should have to pay again, but that he should do a revision.  I am so unhappy with my results!

Jenny
243/237/146/135
5'2" SHORT!!
TT 12-2-08

Siamak Agha MD PhD
on 3/16/09 12:02 pm, edited 3/16/09 12:02 pm - Newport Beach, CA
Sorry a result to be proud of.  You would have benefited from a lower body lift, circumferential,  abdominoplasty and buttock Lift.  Unfortunately,  you may have had a panniculectomy only (which is covered by insurnace).  Most often panniculectomy is not the best option for aesthetic results.  Thus, I usually do not do them.  But fortunately, revision is possible.  Several of my patients in my gallery came for revision plastic surgery (http://www.plasticsurgerybodycontouring.com/index.php/gallery/body/).

Siamak Agha MD PhD
Board Certified, American Board of plastic Surgery
Specializing in Post-bariatric Plastic Surgery
www.plasticsurgerybodycontouring.com/b/

Jennifer C.
on 3/16/09 12:23 pm - Scott AFB, IL

Thanks for you reply.  I was told I was having an abdominoplasty to remove my extra skin from my upper and lower abdomin, as well as to tighten the stomach muscles and lift the sagging mons area.  The mons area is still very puffy, I feel the tightness in my ab muscles but the skin on the outside is still quite a bit loose.  I am now considering what my options are for having this revised.  I feel like I have come to far to be left with less than satisfactory results.

Jenny
243/237/146/135
5'2" SHORT!!
TT 12-2-08

whisperingliz
on 3/16/09 12:35 pm - paramount, CA
Wow, this does not look like an abdominalplasty. I would have thought you got a pannulectomy done.  I'm having a tummy tuck soon, my insurance is paying for a panni, but doctor already said im getting an abdominalplasty. Hmmm,  so wierd, your stomache would have been flat, and it seems that he cut below the navel only which only pannulectomy covers.  Maybe he got confused during surgery and did a panni instead of a tt?  Don't know, but it's possible. Well, I'm just wishing everything will go through for you! Best of luck with it all!
MelissaF
on 3/16/09 1:18 pm - Northwood, IA
The surgeon should pay and if he doesn't id take it to a lawyer.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Melissa M.
on 3/16/09 12:27 pm - Seabrook, TX
I'm really surprised he didn't do the anchor cut with this.  That alone would have made a huge difference if he didn't want to do the full lower body lift.  It will be interesting to see what the insurance has to say as it is not their fault the surgeon didn't do a better job.  I really hope that the doctor will make this right for you.  You deserve it. 

Melissa
Most Active