TT question

Karen B.
on 3/17/09 1:00 am - VA
I am 3 weeks out from my TT and am doing well. My doctor ended up taking off 22 pounds and so far I am happy with everything except one part, but hopefully that will take care of itself. My  question is how long out were you before you could sleep on your belly, I am such a belly sleeper and miss it so much :) also a stupid question that I never asked my doctor, how do they tighten the muscles? When I am telling my friends and coworkers they ask me and I realize I don't have a clue...thanks for any help :)

Karen Be gentle and kind
Lost over 200 pounds
Not skinny by any means but happy by all means :)
babylove35630
on 3/17/09 1:57 am - Florence, AL
Well I am not a belly sleeper but I had my tt done in june 05 and they did the muscles boy that HURT! what they do from what i was told is they cut the muscles and sew them back together tighter then hey were and it works but it is painful... it sorta feels like millions of tiny electrodes shocking you everytime you tense up the mucles like if you laugh, cough, or try to sit up without help but it does get better.... I a extremely happy with my tummy tuck now and if had it to do over again know the pain I WOULD IN A HEARTBEAT! it's all worth it. you might want to check out my doctors websight he goes in detail as to what will be done on there here's the link..... http://www.decaturplasticsurg.com/frame%20set%20abdominoplas ty.htm  it's a direct link to the tummy tuck area of the website hope this help you :)
Take Care & God Bless, Gloria
{Curent Weight}{125}  Thank You Jesus!
H W / 215 -- April 2009 
S W /212.8  -- May 20, 2009
Nuts. Goal / 145 -- Nov 21, 2009  My Goal  134 -- Feb 25, 2010

cleos_mom
on 3/17/09 5:54 am - phila., PA
they sew the muscle together I hear much like you would tighten a corset,
 I am a belly sleeper and I slept onmy belly as soon as my drains were removed which was 3 weeks.
Good Luck
shoegirl1023
on 3/17/09 10:53 am - Solon, OH
I am 9 weeks post TT and still can't sleep on my belly, I tried it but it was like sleeping on a rock and I have a really comfy pillow top matress, I am having a hard time on my side also, I did have my muscles tightened. It takes time apparently, but different for everyone.

Good luck with it all, it's worth every twinge there is. I cannot wait for my swelling to go down completely, I am very impatient with it all.

Take care

JOANNE 
OH Support Group Leader
My local support group meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month - please message me for further information

We are on a continuous journey without a destination

Most Active