I'm home from medial thigh lift!

Susan S.
on 3/19/09 9:02 am - Roselle, NJ
 It wasn't too bad (well - when they were dosing me with quick acting - quick fading fentenyl it was awful!!!! but all in al I'm ok.......I was very lucky as he didn't have to do the typical hocky stick extension - so I really only have a brachioplasty of the thigh - I'm slit from knee to crotch - but no extension along the thigh crease - which is apparently where most of the tension forces and a lot of wound strain occurs.     Went in at 7:30.......sipping tea by 10:30.......home by 2.......and I've managed to pee twice without wincing too badly.....and I even walked up a flight of stairs without trouble - slowly.   So...thanks for the prayers and the PMs - means so much to have a place to come to - to whine to - to celebrate with.      Unless I have facelifts etc. in the future - I'm done!!!!!!       I have pretty funny pictures of my markings - and will take some postops when the drains come out (probably Monday).......hope everybody else is healing well - or getting ready.      Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

sc62
on 3/19/09 9:29 am - NJ

Susan,

Congratulations on your surgery.  Glad to see you are doing well and are in good spirits.

Here's to a quick and uneventful recovery.

All the best
Sandy

BigCityGirl
on 3/19/09 10:00 am - San Diego, CA
Susan,  congratulations on your surgery.  Amazing that you were home by 2! 
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
happy girl
on 3/19/09 10:58 am
congratulations! 

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

cleos_mom
on 3/19/09 11:24 am - phila., PA
Hi Susan
glad to hear your suegery went well,How many darins do you have?
I am having the same procedure and cut on 3/30 and I hear it is more painful then TT. I had no pain with TT at all, but I am getting nervous about this
Susan
Susan S.
on 3/20/09 5:16 am - Roselle, NJ
Hi Susan!   I have two drains......and he used the same drain holes he used from the LBL......which is pretty funny......the pain isn't tha tbad...the LBL was far worse.......I didn't need the extension that goes along the groin - thigh crease - which is apparently a place with a lot of tension postop occurs - so perhaps that is why people say this procedure is the worst - but other than the fact that these are big cuts - long cuts - I'm doing ok - the only challenge is dropping something - as I'm not supposed to bend at all....I dropped 6 colace last night - I have two little dogs - so I got them into their crates and then used BBQ tongues - long ones!!! - to pick them up - I've dropped papers etc. as well - and have just let the dogs pick them up - take them to the couch to chew up and then I can retrieve!   You get creative...: )  Good luck on your surgery - I dreaded this one the most frankly - because of all the wound healing issues but so far so good.    Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

cleos_mom
on 3/20/09 9:04 am - phila., PA
Hi Susan
it sounds like you are doing great keep it up.
I know what you mean about the dogs thank God they didn't get the colaceI have 4 chihuahua's and if it drops on the floor it belongs to them
 keep progressing & thanks for the info, I feel better now
Susan
(deactivated member)
on 3/19/09 11:50 am - Bayonne, NJ
Congrats, Susan, hope you're feeling completely well soon. I need a thigh lift, the full cut, myself. I can't wait to see your pictures. You're brave, coming home the same day!
Peach
on 3/19/09 9:58 pm - savannah, GA
Just keep in mind to take things very slowly. Give yourself time to heal. TO be honest I am forcing myself to stay down. I HATE THE HEALING PROCESS.

Jamie K.  SW  /  CW / GW
360 / 157 /  150  
Plastics 3/3/09 In Monterey MX.

Danielle H.
on 3/19/09 11:27 pm - Atlanta, GA
Wow - I'm amazed, 2pm???  You rock star.  Doing good and hope your recovery continues just as smoothly!  Get some rest Susan!

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

Most Active