Wetern PA surgeon: Dr Rubin or Dr. Hurwitz?

katiekat412
on 3/20/09 12:13 am
Hi all,

Is anyone familiar with either of these surgeons? Any recommendations? I'm in Pittsburgh and planning to have a TT and breast lift (possibly with augmentation) later this year.

Thanks!

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

Melanie B.
on 3/20/09 1:37 am - Doylestown, PA
I am not familiar with Dr. Rubin, but have met Dr. Hurwitz at an OH event in Philly last fall. I have heard good things about Dr. Hurwitz, but will leave it to others who perhaps have had surgery with him to be the real judge.

I do know that Dr. H is pretty stinking expensive (or so I've been told)

Best of luck to you!

katiekat412
on 3/20/09 1:40 am
I was afraid of the expensive part. Dr. Rubin is cheaper, I think, because he is through the University of PIttsburgh and not a private group.

Thanks for the input!

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

sablouwho
on 3/20/09 2:26 am - La La Land, CA
Aside from cost (which is a very valid consideration), I would look at their photos over and over again. I'm doing the same right now as I narrow down what PS I'd like to work with.

The PS I'm considering (Dr. Agha) trained under both Rubin and Hurwitz, and his work is amazing, so I gather his mentors must be pretty darned good as well. He still writes medical papers with Hurwitz, but I got the subtle feeling that he might prefer Rubin for aesthetic reasons.

Probably worth checking 'em both out.

Good luck!
~Cindy  

Watch my first appearance on
The Doctors TV Show   (aired Dec 2008)
Plastics done by Siamak Agha, MD (lower body lift/spiral thigh lift) in Dec 2009, breast 

Cynthia's Lower Body Lift procedure by Dr. Siamak Agha
 this includes footage from my first and second appearance on The Doctors as well as footage of my actual surgery

lora13
on 3/20/09 1:52 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi,
I vote for Dr. Hurwitz, only because he did my TBL in November and I have no complaints whatsoever.  I have been very satisfied with everything from A-Z, including pre-op,post-op, staff, etc.  I must admit that I have no experience with Dr. Rubin other than a friend used him and I decided on Dr. H.  I have no idea how much Dr. R. charges, and yes, my TBL was quite expensive, but sometimes you get what you pay for.  I opted for the "guru" of the plastics world.  
If you would like more details, just PM me...I am more than happy to fill you in on the good, the not so bad and the not so ugly.
Hugs, 
Lora 
jjm
on 3/20/09 11:45 pm
I had all my ps done in Brazil.  My surgeon spent a couple of months this year working with Hurwitz.  I'm not sure which procedure he was trying to perfect, but Hurwitz is well respected among Brazilian plastic surgeons.
Most Active