Sex after tummy tuck

(deactivated member)
on 3/22/09 7:01 am
I am scheduled for tt soon.  I would like to know how long before sexual activity after surgery?
Also, those who had tt at 153 lbs. did the scale change after the tummy tuck?  I wear a size 4/6 now, will I loose weight after the doctor remove the fat?

Thanks in advnce for all the input.
happy girl
on 3/22/09 11:43 am
I think you should ask your Dr about sex after your TT.  I have read everything from 2 weeks to 6 weeks and beyond post op.  Just depends on how you feel.  Take it really easy and slow and stop if it's uncomfortable. Your Dr might have a certain amount of time you should wait.

good luck

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

Tee M.
on 3/22/09 10:59 pm - CT
I'm 3 1/2 weeks out and my mind is ready, but my body is still too sore.  It depends on how you heal.  Hopefully this is not a pressure question from your SO.   I warned the hubby way before the surgery that it could be as long as six weeks or even more so he doesn't expect something sooner.  He is being a gentleman about it for now, not sure how long that will last, but he is understanding.

Why is it we all know how to use our tool, but refuse to do it?

workingmommy
on 3/23/09 4:19 am
RNY on 12/10/07 with
Good question..that was the first thing my husband asked!  I told him it was on my list of things to ask the dr, but to assume 6 weeks, then if it is less than that it is a happy suprise.

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

ilyssajane
on 3/23/09 4:55 am - Forest Hills, NY

To be honest, I waited about 6 or 7 weeks.  I wasn't married at the time, so I didn't think my boyfriend at that point could really handle the looks of things before that anyway.

I lost a few pounds after my surgery and did go down one size, but it was more that I fit better into the size I was before surgery.  I was about a FULL 12 before surgery and after I was a thin/ leaner 12.

Good luck!!!!

Ilyssa
RNY 6/22/05 = 268 * TT 2/22/07 = 164 * Arm Lift 1/16/09 = 170
Happy in life and that is all that matters!!!!

akers123
on 3/24/09 10:26 pm - Charlotte Hall, MD
Just a funny to add to the post.  People this weekend (I am 4 weeks out today) asked my husband how he likes my new body and he said she looks great, but I will tell you how I like it in a few more weeks when I can touch it!  He has been very understanding but boy that made everyone laugh this weekend.
Kristi Akers
Gastric Bypass - Feb 6, 2004
Lower Body Lift - Feb 25, 2009
Breast Lift/Lipo - Dec 7, 2009
Upper Body Lift/Arms - Feb 23, 2011

rainesmom
on 3/24/09 10:48 pm - Anahuac, TX
Wow..  I don't remember how long I waited..  but the best advise I can give is to listen to your body and dr.  You will know when you feel able. 

As for size and weight..  I gained 5 lbs. and never lost it.  I wore the same size it just fit different.  The best of all is I didn't have to tuck my skin into my jeans and try to hide it.

Good luck and just take care of yourself.

' Lara

230/137/145
top weight/current weight/goal weight

Most Active