Anyone had Sclerotherapy for Spider Veins?

sablouwho
on 3/22/09 8:28 am - La La Land, CA
I'm probably going to do this in the near future and am wondering if others have had good results, what it felt like, how long you wore compression stockings (and where did you buy the compression stockings?)
~Cindy  

Watch my first appearance on
The Doctors TV Show   (aired Dec 2008)
Plastics done by Siamak Agha, MD (lower body lift/spiral thigh lift) in Dec 2009, breast 

Cynthia's Lower Body Lift procedure by Dr. Siamak Agha
 this includes footage from my first and second appearance on The Doctors as well as footage of my actual surgery

w8'n no more
on 3/22/09 12:37 pm - middle of, IL
Yes, I did have this done, many times.  I have bad veins and a blood clotting problem.  Because of this I've had my veins done about 10 times in my lifetime.  It has always worked great.  I wore the stockings for about 10 days after.  It is important to walk a lot after you have it done, but to always wear your stockings.  Done by the right person, you can have perfectly smooth legs. 
Kathy
sw/cw/gw
269/136/141
Surgery Date 10/21/05  Dr. Anthone
Aspire to Inspire Before You Expire!
sablouwho
on 3/22/09 12:39 pm - La La Land, CA
Thanks for your reply Kathy!

BTW, how are you feeling/recovering?

My mom was in town visiting when I went to see Agha last week--so we sat at my computer and I showed her your before/after pics. She was impressed and thought you looked amazing!
~Cindy  

Watch my first appearance on
The Doctors TV Show   (aired Dec 2008)
Plastics done by Siamak Agha, MD (lower body lift/spiral thigh lift) in Dec 2009, breast 

Cynthia's Lower Body Lift procedure by Dr. Siamak Agha
 this includes footage from my first and second appearance on The Doctors as well as footage of my actual surgery

w8'n no more
on 3/22/09 8:31 pm - middle of, IL
That's so funny!  I'm a celebrity.  HA!!!    I think Dr. Agha was impressed that I had the chutzpah to put those pictures out on OH like that.  If they would have been not so great, I would have been a lot more discrete ;)

I'm doing better and better.  The weather is getting nicer here so I plan to get out and walk more this week.  I'm not real good at laying low and recovering and I need social interaction.  I actually went to see Buddy Guy on Friday night.  Half way through, my new butt started to scream.  Luckily, I had pain pills and took one.  I'm sure I could have sold them for a mint to that crowd.  Towards the end, everyone was standing and dancing so it went fine.

As for the sclero, it really is a great thing when done right.  Whenever I see really legs ruined by nasty veins on people I wonder why.  This is something that can be taken care of relatively easily and painlessly.  My insurance used to pay for it, but like everything else, they are getting tougher and tougher with trying to get things paid . . .
Kathy
sw/cw/gw
269/136/141
Surgery Date 10/21/05  Dr. Anthone
Aspire to Inspire Before You Expire!
Most Active