When did you get your consult?

Maida F.
on 3/23/09 5:52 am - Round Rock, TX
RNY on 11/12/07 with
I'm 16 months out from WLS and have lost 90 lbs. I'm 20 lbs from my pre-PS goal, but am training for the Danskin Triathlon which is in June and hope to take off most of that by then. I believe that I'm going to need brachioplasty, breast lift (no inplants, I'm still a DD cup), tummy tuck, LBL & inner thigh lift. I definitely want to get the brach & BL first, since I live in Texas and being sleeveless makes me so uncomfortable.

Should I wait to set the consult after the triathlon (June 7)? Or set it now and see what the doc has to say? Did it take you a long time to get a consult?

Any info you have to offer is appreciated.

Thank you,
Maida
339HW/299SW/GOAL: healthy bf%

Danielle H.
on 3/23/09 6:10 am - Atlanta, GA
Most PS can get you in quickly for a consult...I'd say go ahead and have it, explain where you stand and that you want to lose 20 more and do your tri - cause you know you won't be in any condition for June if you do it between now and then...

I did mine about 20 lbs before PS, no regrets, but I wonder if I'll ever get to 140!

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

sablouwho
on 3/23/09 10:03 am - La La Land, CA
After meeting with the plastic surgeon last week, even though I thought I needed to loose another 20-25 pounds, I've realized I didn't really have a sense of what my pre-plastics weight needed to be. I forget that I have body dysmorphia and that I see myself as bigger than everyone else does.

The PS told me he feels I've reached my ideal weight for sculpting purposes, and he prefers I not loose any more as he needs most of my excess tissue for creating curves and contour.

If I were you, I would do it now. I would seriously doubt that it will take a long time to get a consult.
~Cindy  

Watch my first appearance on
The Doctors TV Show   (aired Dec 2008)
Plastics done by Siamak Agha, MD (lower body lift/spiral thigh lift) in Dec 2009, breast 

Cynthia's Lower Body Lift procedure by Dr. Siamak Agha
 this includes footage from my first and second appearance on The Doctors as well as footage of my actual surgery

totalfreedom
on 3/23/09 12:31 pm - Northern CA
Yes, I agree with Cindy, go now you may not need to drop the last 20 as the plastic surgeon can use your tissue to mold and shape you.  My PS, Dr. Agha, asked me to gain weight.  As it was I did not have enough for my breasts and only some for my butt.  i may need a little more for the butt.  But we'll see once the swelling goes down.

It is hard to gain the weight back, so i wished I would have gone earlier.

Kelli
5' 1, 221pds to 120pds, BMI: 42.5 to 22.8, Size 22WP to 2P.  
Dr. Agha-Newport Beach, CA:  
12.29.08:TT/LBL/UTL/BL/Butt Aug!
 5.10.09: Face/Neck Lift,Implants,lipo, lower eyelids,fat transfer

victoria R.
on 3/24/09 6:37 am - goose creek, SC
Hey
I just wanted to wish you luck on your Tri., I did my first one last week & now I can't wait to do another, they can be addicting. 

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

Maida F.
on 3/24/09 7:32 am - Round Rock, TX
RNY on 11/12/07 with
Thank you. This is my 2nd time doing the Danskin. Last year, I was happy just to finish. This year, I'm hoping to shave 30 minutes off my time.

Congratulations on doing your first.
339HW/299SW/GOAL: healthy bf%

Most Active