First shower!!!!!!!!

Susan S.
on 3/23/09 9:14 am - Roselle, NJ
 I was able to shower today - first time since last Wednesday - and there is nothing better in the world when you're not allowed to!!!!!!  I wasn't nearly as stinky as I was post brachioplasty - as I had been using antipersperant - but I feel so much better.    I had my 5 day post medial thigh lift - all the bandages are gone - just cocoa butter on the seams since everything is sealed up and looking good (well - from his perpective - it's bruised and pretty yuck looking to me but I've learned to view these things with different criteria.  I still have my drains - today was  a possible drain pull day but they're still putting out about 50ccs per day - apparently I'm doing too much (or more than most patients - I went to church yesterday and Barnes and Noble on Saturday - I get so stir crazy!)    He asked if I'd gone to the gym but everybody at the gym knows not to let me in the door : )    So - even with swelling my legs look so much better........hope everybody else who is postop is doing well...and those of you with surgery coming up.......taking it one day at a time is the only way to do this......Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

Angensam
on 3/23/09 10:53 am - Atlanta, GA
Susan:

I am 4 days post op on my lbl and medial thigh lift and the thigh lift is giving me the most grief. The sutures are sore and my butt is swollen and tender. I can't even imagine reading a book, let alone going to Barnes and Noble. I have two drains in each thigh which is a pain too. I am so impressed that you are able to have the banadages removed and just put cocoa butter in the incision.

I'm trying the one day at a time, but oh, I am not feeling great.

Regina

Almost to goal!
Regina

Susan S.
on 3/23/09 11:36 pm - Roselle, NJ
 Hi Regina - hope you're feeling better today........I will say that when you combine procedures it makes everything harder......and the combo of LBL and TL is a killer...my surgeon won't do them together......and in hindsight I'm grateful.   It's funny - of the 4 people *****sponded to my post - 3 were from Georgia - and I'm in love with a guy who lives in marietta.....it's driving me crazy......and ya'll seem to be right in his backyard!   I selected a font for my website (I'm working on a wellness project with my trainer and nutrtionist and yoga instructor)......and the name of the fricken font was Georgia!!!   If I do venture down to see him........we'll all have to get together and compare scars!!!!!  Feel better.   Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

happy girl
on 3/23/09 11:20 am
woohoo!  continued good healing to you

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

Danielle H.
on 3/23/09 11:24 pm - Atlanta, GA
Yeah, I loved shower day!!!  Its the best but it always wore me out too.  At least in the beginning.  You're a rock star if you're going to church and shopping!  I can't imagine doing that this early out...especially with thigh lift!

Hang in there, you'll be back to working out soon...good that your gym knows you can't!

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

2kristie
on 3/24/09 4:41 am - , MO
I am 19 days out from TT(no muscle tightening) and I still have sticthes in which means (from my doc) no shower yet.  He says it can wick the water in and he doesnt like to take any chances on foreign bodies getting in my body.  I get that but I must say that I am missing my showers.  I can not wait to be able to wash my hair, face and body all at the same time and SHAVE...ooowee!!!  I am starting to resemble my husbands legs and wow does it itch...  Then there is the withdrawals I am having cuz he doesnt want me shopping yet either.  I feel I have a good balance in the shopping arena but I am really missing be able to walk into a store and get what a need instead of trying to explain it to someone else...bless my DH for all the help but he has really been spoiled w/ me being a stay at home mom and he doesnt have to really be a part of the shopping.  Man I miss it!!  So SHOWER and SHOPPING...that is what I want to do right now...getting a little stir crazy for sure...stitches out on Friday and shower the following Monday...can not wait!!! 
Most Active