Brachioplasty tomorrow.....I'm a bundle of nerves........

(deactivated member)
on 3/25/09 12:39 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
OK so last night the nervousness started to settle in....I guess it's just normal jitters about going under anesthesia. 
I'm a bundle of nervous energy today!  I'm going out for a couple hours to take my mind off it. 
How do you get past the fear of anesthesia??  It's the whole not waking up thing that gets me nervous. 

But still I'm excited to get this done.....I doubt I'll get any sleep tonight and I have to leave my house at 5am (it's a 2 hr drive to the hospital).

JoniKspring07
on 3/25/09 12:54 am - onaway, MI
Its okay to be nervous.  I am six weeks out from Brachioplasty and I can honestly say it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  I didn't take any vicodin after day two.  I was driving by day 5. Went back to work in 10 days.  Everyone is different though.  My doctor didn't go too tight. So maybe that's why it was easier for me.  You can look at my before and afters on my profile.
The anesthesia wasn't too bad for me either.  I just make sure that they give me something to prevent nausea.  Its some of the best sleep you will ever get.  Next thing you know they are telling you to wake up and you can't even believe that its time to wake up already.

Best of Luck!

(deactivated member)
on 3/25/09 10:08 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Thanks for note.  I always ask for the anti-nausea medicine.    I'm hoping I won't have too much pain, like I said in another posting I'm more worried about the pain from the LIPO on my thighs they are doing tomorrow too. 
Thanks again!
(deactivated member)
on 3/25/09 10:12 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I just looked at your pictures.........THEY ARE GREAT!!!!!!  I like the lower incision!
Redhaired
on 3/25/09 2:31 am - Mouseville, FL
In some ways the arms were the easiest of all of my plastics.  You are going to do fine.

Red

(deactivated member)
on 3/25/09 10:06 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I hope I say the same thing after mine.........my breast reduction was pretty easy, I'm hoping for the same.

I'm definitely more worried about the pain and swelling from the LIPO on my thighs they are doing tomorrow too.
DEBI R.
on 3/25/09 4:06 am - CORSICANA, TX
Good luck with your surgery tomorrow I'll be praying for you. I hope you have a safe and speedy recovery.

I'm having my arms done and TT 2 weeks from today and I will probably ******vous wreck the day before myself. I'll have a hours drive to and from the hospital so I hope I make it home without alot of pain.
Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

(deactivated member)
on 3/25/09 10:05 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Thanks for the note....I'll let you know how it was after I'm done....  I can relate to the worry about the drive, I've got a 2 hour drive each way.  YIKES  I hope I sleep thru it.  :-)
DEBI R.
on 3/26/09 5:04 am - CORSICANA, TX

I might ask for something to help me relax before I leave the hospital and maybe I'll be pain free and sleep all the way home, that sure would be nice. Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

brenda F.
on 3/29/09 6:23 am - whitney, TX
Hi Debi,who is doing your arms and TT ? Brenda Whitney ,TX .
was 400+ june 15th,06,..now 145-150 as of may15th,09 ... wow!!!what a ride .   
Most Active