weird post TT question

Nicole0216
on 3/25/09 10:03 am - Lancaster, PA

I am over 3 mos out from my TT and most of my pre op pants are still a bit tight I am assuming because of the swelling.
The weird thing is now they are all too short too. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/25/09 10:16 am - OH
Based on my experience with losing weight and having pants that were too loose be too long, I would say that the swelling (which, for me, was mostly in my torso but also in my thighs and some in my hips) is taking up extra space and therefore pulling them out AND up...

(Good Lord, I hope my swelling is gone by 3 months...  I'm pretty annoyed to have to deal with swelling AND the crater from the necrosis.)

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

akers123
on 3/25/09 10:42 am - Charlotte Hall, MD
Lora,

Where is your Necrosis?  Mine is on my back.  We are treating it with Silverdine cream and waiting for it to start to seperate.  Once it starts to seperate, my Dr is hoping that the swelling in my butt will go down enough where he can possibly close the hole back up after he removes the necrosis.  He did that on a smaller spot on my back and it worked but there was some play room there.

Thanks
Kristi Akers
Gastric Bypass - Feb 6, 2004
Lower Body Lift - Feb 25, 2009
Breast Lift/Lipo - Dec 7, 2009
Upper Body Lift/Arms - Feb 23, 2011

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/25/09 11:05 am - OH
My PS has already cut the necrotic stuff out (about 6 weeks ago).  I have a large triangular "crater" over the center of my ribcage (almost 4 inches wide at widest part), and two smaller "arms" (off the main hole) that run halfway under each breast (I had a reverse TT).  The "arms" were much less deep (1/2 inch on one side and 1/4 inch on the other) and one side has grown all the tissue back (but there is no skin in sight yet).  The main crater started out an inch and a half deep and has grown about half of the tissue back (depth-wise) in 6 weeks. 

Hard to believe this thing will ever heal up.... sigh.  I hope you have better luck with yours and it will nto end up being as big as mine.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

luvinleah5960
on 3/25/09 9:27 pm
Nicole, I had my TT on dec.29th and I am going through the same thing. I can't wear pants that I wore before I had the TT. They took off 25 lbs. CRAZY!!!. I am still swollen too. I wish this was over I want to start wearing nice spring clothes soon. Malinda
Deb G.
on 3/26/09 2:23 am - Seymour, IN
Hi Everyone, I had my surgery on Dec. 11. My doctor told me it could last up up to a year. I found went I excise it swell bad.  We just have to all hang in there.
kylev53
on 3/26/09 8:08 am - chico, CA
I too am so frustrated with the swelling.  I had my surgery 12/12 (TT) and my swelling wasn't getting any better.  I actually had an appointment to meet with the PS when I found out I had to have an ovary and large cyst removed.  NOW, I am really swollen and feel like I am starting the healing process all over again.   UGH!!!!
BUT LADIES....
Even with all the problems, aren't we glad we have lost all this weight, and aren't we glad we no longer have hanging bellies???  I sure am!

Most Active