My BA/BL experience with Dr. Quiroz at CosMed and loving it!

Ivyd
on 3/26/09 4:23 am, edited 3/26/09 4:39 am
I had a BA/BL with Dr. Quiroz at CosMed in Tijuana, Mexico on 3/12/08 just 14days ago and LOVING the new boobage thus far.

Picking Mexico to have my surgery was a hard decision. I had Gastric Bypass surgery almost a year ago 3/31/08 here in CA at Stanford Hospital, 100% covered by my ins. Now I'm what's considered a "lightweight" when it comes to those who have RNY, I was exactly 100lbs over my ideal weight, but because of some health issues and borderline health issues and a strong paternal family health history I was approved. I have lost 85lbs and am now a size 6/8.

Since that rapid weight loss I seen the boobage go from a 44D to a 34/36B and let me tell you it was a saggy, no substance 3kiddos later B.

With summer coming up I really wanted to get the girls a "facelift" heehee. I did have some consults with Surgeons in my area which quoted me over $10k for a BA/BL. That is when I started strongly considering Mexico as an option for plastic surgery.

I did most of my research here on OH when looking into RNY surgery. So I started my plastics research here. At the time seemed the name that kept coming up with good praise was Dr. Quiroz at CosMed. After contacting a few gals I found here on OH and listening to their experiences with Dr. Quiroz I decided it was time for me to have a consult.

Anyhoo, after consulting with Dr. Quiroz I felt super confident in picking him as my surgeon for my BA/BL.

I know every one has different experiences and outcomes, but I thought I'd share mine.

Surgery was scheduled for 3/12 with a pre-op appt. the day before. I let my kiddos home with my hubby and traveled by car to TJ with my mother and father. We are about 7hrs north of TJ. We arrived early in Mexico and stayed at Real de Rio, which I loved! Then we went to CosMed. I was suprised when we opened the door. I dunno what i was expecting as far as the appearance of the office, but it was like I was walking into a well decorated plastic surgeon office in the USA. All the staff spoke english, most with an accent but nothing that you couldn't understand, the gals were all very clear. Although we do speak spanish, we were just fine speaking english.

Finally I got to go in to prep for my pre-op with Dr. Quiroz. Wow he looked different from the photo on his website. I have to say he's a handsome man forsure. I think I surprised him when I pulled my file filled with list of question, photos, etc. I grilled him! I showed him pics of BA's I liked, questioned him about photos of BA's from random surgeons and why they looked that way. I asked about everything from what type of implants, cc's, incision types, under the muscle or over. EVERYTHING. I wanted to make sure I left no stone unturned and had no regrets after thinking "i should have asked this or that or told him this or that" Girls make sure you go in with detail. Dr. Quiroz was quick to answer it all. I felt he knew what he was doing and talking about. He even talked about things I never thought of.

I had left my mom in the lobby because she's overly paranoid when it comes to her "baby", but at the end I asked Dr. Quiroz if it was ok for me to have her come in to ask a few questions to calm her nerves. She actually said sitting out in the lobby relaxed her because if fill up with Americans! Hahaha. She said there were gals from all over the USA even one from Canada. Ones pre-op, post-op.

So next day was surgery. We showed up at early and walked up stairs with Dr. Quiroz. We went in and took photos and basic prep. Then it was off to surgery. The nurse started my IV. We spoke for a short while and before you know it I was wheeled into the operating room where there were two nurses and the anesthesiologist. Before you know it I was waking up. I remember hearing someone call me and thinking, "huh? Did I even have surgery and I pulled the cover up and put my hands on my chest" YEP I must have because those mountains weren't there before! hahaha. Dr. Quiroz visited me for a bit
and then they called my parents in and they wheeled me down to my car after sometime.

We got back to the hotel to rest. Miss Vicki visited me at my pre-op appt shortly then came back to visit me after surgery at the hotel. I won't go into my thought/feeling about Miss Vicki, she knows.

Next day we went for a post-op check and all was good. My bandages did get alittle soaked from my incisions. Dr. Quiroz ended up doing a "lollipop" incision for my lift and used 320cc high profile silicone gel implants under the muscle. I asked to be an "overflowing C into a D" hahaha. He took the photos I liked and said he'd try his best to mimic the photos and get me to where I wanted. And I believe he did. I was a bit sore, best I can describe is for those of you that have children, feels like when you get engorged after getting in your milk after you give birth. Tight, sore, ouch.
Heehee. My pain was tolerable, but I'm no stranger to surgery with 3c-section births and RNY under my belt. But Dr. Quiroz was great answering my questions and taking time for me. He replaced my bandages and told me how to care for myself post-op.

We left later that day back home. I have spoked to Dr. Quiroz I think about 3times in the past 11days! It's great. I sent him pics of my progress with a question or two and and he responds quite quickly.

I have to say with the recent posts, I had my doubts for a few seconds, but I decided to stay with my gut choice of picking Dr. Quiroz for my surgeon and I have to say I'm more than happy/pleased that I did stick to my guns. I think my boobage looks great for 14days out. Dr. Quiroz worked out great for me!

If you want to see pics for reference just message me.

Surgery / Current / Goal
      234 /    145     /   135

happy girl
on 3/26/09 7:05 am
sounds like you had a great experience.  best wishes for continued good healing!

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

kimmyo
on 3/27/09 3:47 am
 So the big question is how much where the new girls?
249/235/136.6/135 HW/SW/CW/GW
Most Active