'tis a great day...stitches out-3 wks post op TT

2kristie
on 3/27/09 4:25 am - , MO
I couldnt be happier to have my stitches out...very exciting!!!  My doc recommends that I wait at least 24 hours to shower after removing the stitches but he said for me to wait until Monday cuz of a little clear fluid coming out of a few stitches.  (anchor cut/scar revision)  So, I am fine w/ that since I have waiting this long.  My biggest concern is getting my legs shaved...it has been 3 weeks and the hair is starting to curl!!  LOL!!!  Otherwise, I seem to have done my "spit" baths pretty good as my DH says I dont stink!!  LOL!!  So, feeling stronger and will be shaved and clean soon!! 
shoegirl1023
on 3/27/09 10:30 am - Solon, OH
Did you have your muscles tightened also, and why did you have the anchor cut? I am 10 weeks post TT by the way and so far, so good - major surgery though isn't it?

Take care and good luck with everything

JOANNE 
OH Support Group Leader
My local support group meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month - please message me for further information

We are on a continuous journey without a destination

2kristie
on 3/28/09 7:48 am - , MO
Hello, I didnt have muscle tightening cuz apparently my muscles are really weak and I am not down to goal but they did remove 10 lbs of skin so I am very excited.  It is a big surgery but I thought it similar to both C-sections and really have felt very good the whole time...thank the Lord!!  I had an anchor cut really for the vertical scar revision but he decided not to pull or tighten vertically cuz of the amount of fat I have below the surface...I guess it was pretty thick but I dont think it looks or ever looked that way as I was already wearing a size L-XL and I am sure I will end up a solid L maybe M on certain shirts.  So, I am very pleased w/ my new vertical scar (the original one was an inch wide...WLS complications)  I am looking forward to getting back to exercise soon.  Best wishes to you also...
Most Active