Lost 6lbs since LBL and Bracioplasty....normal?

Stephany N.
on 3/29/09 5:21 am - Spencer, MA

Ok...so, there are a bunch of mixed emotions going on with this weight loss. I was stuck between 140-142 for the past year. Now, since my PS - I've lost 6lbs. I'm still extremely swollen, not pooping right because of the pain meds and my appetite is all over the board. 

I know some of that was the skin that was removed, but my doc INSISTS it wasn't more than 2-3lbs...I had no fat at all to take off.

Did you lose weight after surgery?  Do you think I'm going to lose more (I know that's a loaded question).

NOW, Get this...I tried to put on my jeans that I wore to the hospital to have surgery...and I can't even CLOSE them...what's up with that? Swelling? 

UUghhhh...The frustration!!

Thanks for letting me b*tch...one of THOSE days!!

300/275/135/150 - 15lbs BELOW Docs Goal

Starting/Surgery/Current/Goal

islander
on 3/29/09 6:45 am - Middletown, RI
I'm about 7 wks. about from tt & br.  In the first weeks I lost about 16 lbs. (I was shocked when I stepped on the scale) & clothes would NOT fit- too small.  I think the Dr. only removed ?4 lbs.  He did not measure except for the breasts.  I had NO appetite.  I knew this was not good so I forced myself to eat (still do), added protein shakes, & did my best to get in all my supplements.

I've stabilized the weight loss and have a LOT less swelling now.   My appetite is only a bit better.  I also try my best to get in LOTS of water to get rid of the swelling.  I've had to buy some smaller bottoms as a few literally fell off or were just too baggy to wear.

I recently ran into a friend that I hadn't seen post-surgery.  She didn't recognize me.  So, yes, you could lose more, but be careful.  Your body needs as much nourishment it can get at this point.

Susan S.
on 3/29/09 8:38 am - Roselle, NJ
 I lost 16 pounds once the IV fluids were gone - and 8 pounds of that was from the skin (that was with the LBL).....two pounds with the brachio - between seromas and infection and all that crap - and pain meds messing me up big tiime (even yesterday I had another crisis day)......it wasn't eating well - I pushed protein but not much else - and even though I wasn't moving much at all compared to my usual activity - I lost......but - after a while everything settled down...and I'm holding right where I want to be.   The swelling is impacting the way your clothes fit - so you have to settle down and let things heal.....Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

akers123
on 3/29/09 8:50 am - Charlotte Hall, MD
I had a LBL 4 1/2 weeks ago and he removed 11 pounds and I have lost about 18 total.  I go up and down a few pounds all the time.  My doctor has also said that sometimes the Plastics jumpstarts your weight loss.

The pants, I am sure that is the swelling, which means you will probably loose more :):)  Who doesn't love that!!
Kristi Akers
Gastric Bypass - Feb 6, 2004
Lower Body Lift - Feb 25, 2009
Breast Lift/Lipo - Dec 7, 2009
Upper Body Lift/Arms - Feb 23, 2011

Stephany N.
on 3/29/09 9:21 am - Spencer, MA

You guys are all so wonderful! This is why I come back here when I have questions. I also try to return the favor if I can relate to a specific issue.

Thanks for caring about me!!

300/275/135/150 - 15lbs BELOW Docs Goal

Starting/Surgery/Current/Goal

Most Active