ProCare supplements

penguin5
on 3/27/09 11:01 am - Lompoc, CA
I read with great interest Dr.Agha's post today about ProCare supplements. Has anyone on this board taken this before/after surgery??

I have brachio revision surgery along with lipo and a belly button creation on WEd. (Apr. 1st).  I'd like to order this supplement to take after surgery.  It's not cheap, but would sure ease my mind if I knew I was doing everything in my power to aidemy healing.

Thanks in advance!

Lynda

LBL, BL, brachio and mod. neck lift
          9/17/08  Dr. Howard Gross

sablouwho
on 3/27/09 11:42 am - La La Land, CA
There was a thread on this a few days ago and some people who have taken the ProCare discuss their experiences with it:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/plasticsurgery/3893548/Que stion-about-Procare-for-Recovery/
~Cindy  

Watch my first appearance on
The Doctors TV Show   (aired Dec 2008)
Plastics done by Siamak Agha, MD (lower body lift/spiral thigh lift) in Dec 2009, breast 

Cynthia's Lower Body Lift procedure by Dr. Siamak Agha
 this includes footage from my first and second appearance on The Doctors as well as footage of my actual surgery

BigCityGirl
on 3/28/09 2:14 am - San Diego, CA
Lynda,

I'm not familiar with this product but if it's a form of liquid protein it's probably nasty tasting.  Not that it isn't useful but after my WLS I ordered some liquid protein and I still have the stuff - I could not tolerate the taste.   I know that bad lab results at PreOp are pedictive of possible healing issues - at least that's what I've been told.  Many here have had their surgeries posponned after bad lab results.   It's a tough call. 
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Most Active