Laparoscopy Incisions -- fading them? Mederma, etc?

sablouwho
on 3/29/09 12:09 pm - La La Land, CA
I'd like to get my laparoscopic incision from my RNY and gallbladder removal to fade as much as possible. Particularly the scars that are too high up to be removed with TT. I know that time also helps, but I'd like to know if anyone has had any luck w/ Mederma.

Has anyone had their PS recommend anything?
~Cindy  

Watch my first appearance on
The Doctors TV Show   (aired Dec 2008)
Plastics done by Siamak Agha, MD (lower body lift/spiral thigh lift) in Dec 2009, breast 

Cynthia's Lower Body Lift procedure by Dr. Siamak Agha
 this includes footage from my first and second appearance on The Doctors as well as footage of my actual surgery

(deactivated member)
on 3/30/09 12:59 am - Wiesbaden, Germany
DS on 10/08/13

Actually, yes, from when I had rhinoplasty due to a large piece of broken bone.

http://www.kelo-cote.com/

Funny thing is that I am on this board because of what your surgeon said to you got me thinking.

sablouwho
on 3/30/09 1:40 am - La La Land, CA
Hey there my friend, nice to see you here. Thanks for the link, I will check it out.

What was it that my surgeon said that got you thinking? Was it the visit to the PS and his comment that I'm at a good pre-plastics weight and that I shouldn't loose more?
~Cindy  

Plastics done by Siamak Agha, MD (lower body lift/spiral thigh lift) in Dec 2009, breast 

this includes footage from my first and second appearance on The Doctors as well as footage of my actual surgery

(deactivated member)
on 3/30/09 2:47 am - Wiesbaden, Germany
DS on 10/08/13
Yep.

By the way, I have an extra unopened package of Kelo-cote if you would like to try it.
sablouwho
on 3/30/09 3:15 am - La La Land, CA
I'd love to give it a try! I swear, you are like my personal Santa Claus!
~Cindy  

(deactivated member)
on 3/30/09 4:03 am - Wiesbaden, Germany
DS on 10/08/13
On March 30, 2009 at 10:15 AM Pacific Time, sablouwho wrote:
I'd love to give it a try! I swear, you are like my personal Santa Claus!
No, not really, I'm just in spring cleaning mode.  I would rather see someone, especially a friend, get good use out of items that are leaving my house one way or another.
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/30/09 1:10 am - OH
I did my own little "test" with mederma after my mons lift and brachioplasty.  I used it on some incision areas and not on others (and on some areas I just put some vitamin E oil on).  The areas that I used NOTHING on actually look the best and it's a close call as to whether the vitamin E areas or mederma areas look better.  If I had to call it, though, I'd say the Mederma came in last (and the vitamin E is MUCH cheaper).

Just my experience.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Siamak Agha MD PhD
on 3/30/09 4:05 am - Newport Beach, CA
To be honest, none of the scar therapy creams have been shown scientifically to be of real value.  Based on its composition Scar Guard MD (sold thru MDs only) is probably the best.  I have also found Silicone Sheets to be beneficial.

Siamak Agha MD PhD
Board Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society of Plastic Surgery
Specializing in Post-Bariatric Plastic Surgery
www.plasticsurgerycal.com

tcnaegele
on 3/30/09 4:55 am - madison, IN
I KNEW A MAN THAT HAD HIS FINGERS CUT OFF AND HE  SWORE THAT HE USED PLAIN VASELINE ON THEM AND HE HAD NO SCARS, WHAT IT DOES I HAVE NO IDEA BUT HE SWORE BY IT WHEN EVER HE GOT A BOOBOO.
Most Active