Before & After pics

DeniseV
on 3/29/09 10:07 am - NH
Hi guys,

Okay, here are some pics before and after. Keep in mind I am still swollen a bit in these pics....and they aren't the greatest. I am going to get some better ones but I promised I would post pics as oon as I could.

Keep in mind, I am hunched over in this pic, though I am trying to stand as straight as I can....I think this was taken on March 5th, and I had surgery on Feb. 2nd.

Here is my "after" pic. I had a lower body llift and medial thigh lift done. When I see my upper body and that side boob skin, it makes me want to get that lopped off!!!! LOL!!! I never thought I would touch my arms....don't think I need it. But I hate that nasty skin hnaging out ther side of my bra!!! Maybe some day! I need to tackle the thigh revision first, though....and trust me, that is a major priority!!!!!!!

And I have to do a "excuse my face disclaimer. I am not looking too hot here. I was still depressed and exhausted when this was taken.....I actually told my mom to take the pic from the neck down, but hey, whatever. My mom is so cute. She can't take a pic to save her life. She usually cuts peoples heads off....the one time I tell her to cut my head off in the pic, she leaves it! LOL!!!!!

"After plastics" (My inner knees are swollen a bit....I wish I could say those bulges on my upper inner thighs were swelling only but they are still there. GRRRRR. This is where I will be getting a revision FOR SURE)
postplasticsmarch7.jpg after plastics picture by DeniseAiken

You can see that nasty bulge issue I referred to in my last post. It is even worse in real life. I like the thights with the exception of those bulges and nasty cigar shaped skin scars...can't see them in this pic I don't think.

This is me in the same bra and undies BEFORE plastics. I rolled the undies down a bit so you could see the extent of the apron hang.

"Before Plastics"

preplastics1.jpg before plastics picture by DeniseAiken

I wi****ook my "AFTER" pic this close up, but in any event....

I will take better pics soon. When I get my new bathing suit, I will post a pic in that as my "AFTER" pic and I will post a pic of me in my bathing suit last year as my "BEFORE" pic.

Hugs,
Denise
*Lap RNY on 8/11/04
**Highest/day of surgery/current**
       268 lbs/ 232 lbs / 109 lbs! 
Plastics (Belt-lipectomy (LBL) and Medial Thigh Lift scheduled for 2/2/09.

trophywifeintraining
on 3/29/09 11:09 am - oak view, CA
You are looking good! Really tiny!  I bet it feels awesome to not have to have your undieswork with your "protective skin flap" as my friends and I have come to call it...lol Thank you for posting pics and sharing with us. Who did your surgeries?
DeniseV
on 3/29/09 10:03 pm - NH

Hello there!

I have to first say, you are so pretty! I love your picture.

Dr. Austen, Chief of Plastic Surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital, did my surgeries. I had them both done (the lower body lift and the medial thigh lift) at the same time, on Feb. 2.

Thank you for your compliment and for calling me tiny! I quit smoking on January 7th in preparation for my surgery (haven;t smoked since! WOOHOO!) and as a result, gained some weight. It has been an emotional thing for me.

I had forever maintained a range of 106lbs-109lbs, and now range frm 115lbs-119lbs. Still an appropriate weight but I hate seeing the scale go in that direction....I refuse to let it get higher.

I find myself eating a lot more since quitting smoking so I need to find another habit to embark on....when I have a craving, instead of eating do something else...just have to find that magic answer!

Thanks again for your reply.

Hugs,
Denise

*Lap RNY on 8/11/04

akers123
on 3/29/09 11:16 am - Charlotte Hall, MD
WOW you look great!!  Its amazing isn't it.  Even with the trouble you have had, you look great!  And depressed or not, your after picture is wonderful.......

Kristi Akers
Gastric Bypass - Feb 6, 2004
Lower Body Lift - Feb 25, 2009
Breast Lift/Lipo - Dec 7, 2009
Upper Body Lift/Arms - Feb 23, 2011

Loris
on 3/29/09 12:23 pm - Midlothian, VA
I think you look great!  I think you are over critical of yourself.  The reason you have bra overhang is only because your bra doesn't fit right. Your arms look fantastic.  Enjoy your body.  Loris

Loris  344/119@ 5'2" Below Goal                    
                                     Lower body lift  10/17/2007
                                     Upper body lift     1/23/2008

DeniseV
on 3/29/09 9:54 pm - NH

Hi Loris,

I had to laugh because you are so right. This bra doesn't fit me right at all!!! I have much better bras but this one is my skimpiest and I wanted to show as much skin (literally...hahaha!) without it being too x-rated. Hopes this makes sense!

But you are right on...this bra fits awful. Makes the rolls on my side boobs really stick the hell out! LOL!!!

Hugs,
Denise

*Lap RNY on 8/11/04

bkdsize10
on 3/29/09 7:30 pm - Salem, VA
I think you look fabulous!!! I've been wondering where you've been. Glad to know you're okay.

Barbara 
329/309/168/160
http://www.geocities.com/redhdmamma

okiepetra
on 3/29/09 8:32 pm - Lawton, OK
Hello Denise,

you look great...really....one hot Momma.....

Stephany N.
on 3/29/09 9:43 pm - Spencer, MA

Denise...you look WONDERFUL!!! Your doc did an amazing job and you can't the scars you referred to. 

You're beautiful and have accomplished so much! Be Proud and go out and show off your new "you"!!

Good Job!!

Stephany

300/275/135/150 - 15lbs BELOW Docs Goal

Starting/Surgery/Current/Goal

DeniseV
on 3/29/09 9:59 pm - NH

Awww, thanks everyone!

I am getting better and beter each day. I will be thrilled once my thighs are fixed and will feel (I think) that having PS was worth it. I never thought I would say it, as the ride was hell, but once my thighs are fixed (damn, you should see what I am talking about...hard t see in pics but really, really bad) I will be pleased.

Again, I don't want perfection....I just don't want bulging touching thighs with little skin rolls sticking out like I packed cigars under my skin, ya know? LOL!

Once that is fixed I will be happy! Damn the stretch marks....if only I didn;t carry my pregnancy so high..he would have been able to get rid of those...he contemplated the anchor cut but felt the scar would be worse than the stretch marks. I agree. I am very pelased with how tight things are, and where the scar from the surgery is (hidden quite well, isn;t it!)

Thanks again for your replies and support. YOu guys rock and I love ya!

Denise

*Lap RNY on 8/11/04

Most Active