Question About Panni

jakes_mom03
on 3/29/09 1:30 pm - Canada
Hi,
I am scheduled for my panni on May 14th and was wondering if anyone knows what the guidelines for driving afterwards are. Thanks!
Shelley

(deactivated member)
on 3/29/09 6:49 pm - Los Angeles, CA
Your plastic surgeon should answer that question for you, but I would assume about two week and as long as you'e not on any painkillers anymore.
EugeniaM
on 3/29/09 7:25 pm
My surgeon would not let me drive until my drains were out.  With both surgeries my drains were out after about 1 week or so.

Eugenia

Met goal weight of 195 lbs March 2008
Life is a journey.....not a race      
Eugenia
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/30/09 12:55 am - OH
My only restriction was that I be off the narcotic pain meds.  I drove myself to both post-op appointments to get the drains removed (one after 1 week, the second one the following week).  Other than the drain nuisance, the panni removal was the easiest significant surgery I have ever gone through.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

jakes_mom03
on 3/30/09 9:43 am - Canada
Lora,
You have no idea how relieved I was to read your comment on how it was your easiest significant surgery.  For some reason I am freaked out about this surgery.  I am dreading the recovery. 
Shelley

2kristie
on 3/30/09 6:00 am - , MO
my surgeon seems pretty conservative and he let me drive 2 weeks out after all drains were gone.  Also agree, was the easiest surgery I have ever had...TT no muscle tightening...26 days out and finally no stitches and will take my first shower tonight...and SHAVE!!!  Can not wait!!!
jakes_mom03
on 3/30/09 9:46 am - Canada
Thanks Kristie, As I said to Lora I really needed to hear some positive comments.  I am scared about this panni and the recovery.
Shelley

Most Active