Less than 60 hrs to go...and counting

cbhjr98
on 3/30/09 12:07 am
OMG - this time on Thursday I'll be nearly through surgery. YIKES... it's almost time. We head to the surgery center wednesday after work and first thing on thursday I'll be getting marked up and put under for my LBL, lateral thigh lift, sculpting lipo on my lower half, including calves. I'm totally nervous!!!!!!!!!!  I'll be at the surgery center's private recovery suite for at least 8 nights after surgery before I come home.

The doctor says all of the drains are normally out before we go home. I'm taking loose pants and tank tops, slippers and fuzzy socks, lotion, laptop w/ internet, ipod, pda (ebooks), cell phone, my personal stash of drugs (only because I'm nervous about who knows how much drugs "we'll take good care of you and give you anything you need" means).

I'm even taking my favorite italian bottled water since most hotels only have the seiltzer/carbonated water here in europe and I'm not taking any chances on that one- GROSS!!!!! Boyfriend will have the matteress pad (the soft  water proof one for spots or anything) and pillows in the car ready for the trip home.

I took my before pics last night so I'll have something to compare with afterwards.

WHAT AM I FORGETTING - ICKKKKKKKKKKK getting my freak on...    Starting to think - what if I've done all this and look worse after than if I just lived with all the saggy skin. Anyone else have these 'second-thoughts'?

Cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
Danielle H.
on 3/30/09 12:42 am - Atlanta, GA
Sounds like you're totally prepared!  You're going to do great, just hang in there, the first little bit is the worst and then when you get home it will get easier!  Don't overdo the pain meds with what they give you too - that could be a dangerous combination just because your respiration drops if you have too many drugs in your system. 

Pillows are important for the ride home too (my favorite advice).  Good luck!

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

Danielle H.
on 3/30/09 12:50 am - Atlanta, GA
Sounds like you're totally prepared!  You're going to do great, just hang in there, the first little bit is the worst and then when you get home it will get easier!  Don't overdo the pain meds with what they give you too - that could be a dangerous combination just because your respiration drops if you have too many drugs in your system.  Pillows are important for the ride home too (my favorite advice).  Good luck!

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

Redhaired
on 3/30/09 1:38 am - Mouseville, FL
Cass-
It sounds like you have got everything covered.  Just do not forget that all important pre-op pedicure!

I hope your surgery goes well and you have an easy recovery. 

Red

Kelly V.
on 3/30/09 3:22 am - Galion, OH
The one thing I couldn't live without is my Freshette.  That was the most useful piece of equipment I had.  I am not sure if you got one but it sure did help when going to the bathroom especially when you are filled with so much fluid.
sablouwho
on 3/30/09 8:58 am, edited 3/30/09 9:06 am - La La Land, CA
Kelly, what is a freshette?

ETA: I Googled it. This seems like a good idea! Did you just stand up or did you buy the collection device so you didn't even have to get up?

~Cindy  

Watch my first appearance on
The Doctors TV Show   (aired Dec 2008)
Plastics done by Siamak Agha, MD (lower body lift/spiral thigh lift) in Dec 2009, breast 

Cynthia's Lower Body Lift procedure by Dr. Siamak Agha
 this includes footage from my first and second appearance on The Doctors as well as footage of my actual surgery

Kelly V.
on 3/30/09 10:41 am - Galion, OH
No, I did not buy the collection device.  I bought the longer tube but tend to use the shorter one the most.  It just allows me to stand up and urinate over the toilet without pulling down my binder.  It just cups your vajayjay through the opening in the binder and the urine runs down the tube.  The hospital told me to go with my binder on since there was a hole in it and I said Um I don't think that will work and of course it didn't.  I pee'd all over myself and the binder. 
Leslie
on 3/30/09 9:14 am
Sounds like you've got it all covered! I'm so excited for you! You're going to love your new body! Yes, take lots of "after" pictures! Have a safe trip!!!

4 Years Post Op: At Goal And STILL Loving My DS!  
340/180/180  ~  5'11"  ~   I lost 160 lbs!!  
LBL & Hernia Repair: Done! Arm Lift: Done! Next Up: Thighs & Boobs!
Get the facts about Duodenal Switch at
DSFacts.com

Brandi7920
on 3/30/09 12:11 pm - Nashville, TN

The only thing I would add - is bring some chapstick and protein shakes. Good luck and speedy healing!

RNY 02/16/04
LBL, MTL, Lipo 06/04/09
351lb to 170lb
totalfreedom
on 3/30/09 5:32 pm - Northern CA
Yes, I second the freshette.  It was so refreshing not having to "sit" on the toilet.  Especially for persons who are having thigh lift and LBL.  It was a lifesaver when I had openings on my groin area incisions. The freshette kept my bandages from getting wet.

good luck, get lots of protein and water in.  Don't forget extra fiber. I found that stool softeners are not enough.  i ended up taking Milk of Mag a few days.  Other posters have mentioned senna as well or miralax. 

take care of yourself, everyday gets better and better.

Kelli
5' 1, 221pds to 120pds, BMI: 42.5 to 22.8, Size 22WP to 2P.  
Dr. Agha-Newport Beach, CA:  
12.29.08:TT/LBL/UTL/BL/Butt Aug!
 5.10.09: Face/Neck Lift,Implants,lipo, lower eyelids,fat transfer

Most Active