Working out again and scar fading...

Danielle H.
on 3/30/09 5:33 am - Atlanta, GA
So I've been released to exercise or do anything I feel comfortable doing now, as of Friday - it was a month for me!  Yeah, he said I was like a poster child, made his job easy and my healing has gone very smoothly compared to my last surgery (breast lift/lipo on back). 

So my question is, its been a while since I got a workout in cause after October the drs found an autonomic disorder and its been literally 6 months of mostly resting.  So the last two days I cleaned house and boy am I sore.  My abs feel like they have rocks in them and are back to the muscle clenching stage...so at night I've been having a drink to relax. 

I guess I should start with simple walking and go from there.  Its hard to remotivate really!

So also wondering how people's scars are fading.  My breast scars have been there for 5 months and really look huge, not fading too well really.  My LBL scars seem much thinner and are already fading.  I'm just wondering really, does it take a year and will the scars on my breasts ever fade really where you can't tell there's been a lift?  I'm hopeful they will at least be much less pronounced than they are right now.

Thanks all!

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

boomer65
on 3/30/09 6:27 am
Danielle,

I'm about 10 weeks out from a TT and BL/BA.  My TT scar is starting to fade nicely and my BL/BA scars on some days look better than others.  I'm putting cocoa butter on them 2x daily and it feels good but not sure it's really doing anything.

I'm not what to tell you to motivate you to get to working out again.  It was very difficult for me when my PS released me at the 6 week mark.  I tried to workout for a very short period and got so swollen that I decided I needed more time.  Well last week I couldn't stand it anymore and just went to the gym for a spinning class.  While I was tired and quite swollen, I went back again 2 days later and seem to be back in my groove of every other day.  I'm not as swollen today as I was last week so I must not be over doing it.  I would suggest you JUST DO IT like the commercial says.  Once you make that first step, it'll be easier.

Good Luck,
Franci

(deactivated member)
on 3/30/09 6:39 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!
Start slow with the exercise.....I'd start out just like you did when you first worked out and build yourself back up.  You'll find you can get back to a normal workout routine pretty quickly.

My breast scars that wrap around the boobs still look big to me, the ones on top have faded much more.  I had my BL 5 months ago too....mid November.  I have not been very good lately with applying Mederma but will get back to you in a few days when I can use the arms a little easier.
I'm going to ask my PS about scar cream for my arms that I can use on the boobs too...... I'll let you know if I hear anything good.
Susan S.
on 3/30/09 6:53 am - Roselle, NJ
Start with walking - and frankly - I found that doing ball crunches - slowly carefully really warmed up my core and helped with the spasms...I went back to core work at about 10 weeks out - but always with careful warm up.......I was doing pretty much everything by 12 weeks - back to regular training.......now that I'm post thigh lift I'd give anything to be able to work out...so do it for me! (still have drains in - and can't do anything until they're gone.)......

As to scars - my brachio and I suspect thigh lift scars will be less than my LBL scars - the direction of the suture line has some impact on the stresses put on the tissues.   While my healing has been terrific LBL they are more pronounced that I would like and once everything is healed from the thigh lift I plan to have a laser scar procedure - it lightens them up quite a bit.......I'll let you know how that goes.......expect we'll do the LBL scars sometime this spring.  DOn't think my arms will require anything....not sure about the legs.  My boobs are fine cause I had an areola incision - so there is nothing showing......I"m amazed at that!     Glad you feel so good!    Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

ShirleyG
on 3/30/09 8:38 pm - HALFWAY BETWEEN ATLANTA AND BHAM , AL
Hi Susan
I am mainly a lurker but follow the board.  I had the thigh lift and TT as well as face (lower this past Dec...   I am curious about the laser scar procedure you mentioned . Have you seen it and the results ,,, I would like that on the thigh ones as well ,,,,
Shirl
Susan S.
on 3/30/09 6:57 am - Roselle, NJ
I also wanted to ad - stop with the 'drink' to relax........I am so sensitive to the transfer addiction thing......and if you're still on pain meds you should not be using alcohol......using it for muscle spasm is not a good plan.........try the ball crunches instead........sorry for being blunt.......you know it's offered with love!    Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

Danielle H.
on 3/31/09 12:05 am - Atlanta, GA
Thanks Susan - and blunt is good!  I'm not on pain meds at all and I definitely try to limit the drinking, you're absolutely right about the transfer!

Appreciate your responses!

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

Most Active