how long?

whisperingliz
on 3/31/09 1:34 pm - paramount, CA
Well,  i just had my tt and can feel the skin being pulled when I stand up. I was aware I was going to be hunched over, but for how long?  Today I tried to get my hair washed, 5 minutes went by and my back was in pain!  Will i ever be able to stand up normally? or will there always be a small hunch? 

Thank you!
islander
on 3/31/09 2:09 pm - Middletown, RI
I'm about 6 wks. out with br also.  I can usually stand up straight but have to concentrate on it.  I need some stretching, but too soon.

I went to the hairdressers for a few times to get my hair washed.  It will pass.

BigCityGirl
on 4/1/09 1:08 am - San Diego, CA
It took me about a week to 10 days to stand upright without hunching over.  The key is to get up and move around from time to time.  Stay ahead of your pain meds.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Danielle H.
on 4/1/09 1:11 am - Atlanta, GA
I had a LBL, and rarely have had trouble standing up right.  I think its because my surgeon put me flat on my back in bed and not in a recliner, which allows for the muscles to shorten and stiffen.  I did a little prop at the head and propped my knees too, but overall, I've had minimal issues with the hunch.

Ask your PS when you can begin stretching though - mine said 28 days and do it slowly...sorry you're having such trouble.  I bent forward to wash my hair in the sink before I could shower...

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

Most Active