Brachioplasty post op - armpit question

(deactivated member)
on 4/1/09 1:29 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi All,
Well it's day 6 since surgery.......(I had the Brachioplasty and on my outer thighs I did lipo).  I have a question about the armpit.......

It seems to me that my right armpit is "too tight"......sounds weird I know.  It feels weird too!  I feel like the skin is stretched across the armpit forming an almost web like feeling.  Matthew says it doesn't look that way to him but it might be a little pinched or buckled on the very corner and I should just wait for the swelling to go down and if it's still bothering me next week to let the Dr know when I see him.

Has anyone experienced this??  Is it just swelling?  I really hope I don't end up with a webbed armpit!

Thanks
Ruth
Peach
on 4/1/09 1:41 am - savannah, GA
Mine felt that way too and it was from the swelling! Give it time.

Jamie K.  SW  /  CW / GW
360 / 157 /  150  
Plastics 3/3/09 In Monterey MX.

(deactivated member)
on 4/1/09 2:12 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
It's a relief to know someone else felt the same thing........THANKS!
JoniKspring07
on 4/1/09 1:44 am - onaway, MI

I would have to agree with Matthew.  I think it is probably swelling.  My left arm felt exactly like what you described.  I am left handed and the Dr. said that is why I had more swelling in my left arm.  Because I use it more.  I also had some puckering in the left arm pit.  It is starting to go away the farther our I get.
If you still have concerns, do not hesitate to call your Doctor.  Everyone is different.

Hope this helps.

Joni

(deactivated member)
on 4/1/09 2:16 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Joni,
Thanks!  It's comforting to know others felt the same way and that it can get better....I'll work on being patient and of course will have the Dr take a peek when I see him.

Interesting how it's on my right arm, I'm right handed, and the right arm/hand is more swollen than the left....you are left handed and had the same on your left hand.....hmmm   

Well thanks again for the note. It sure helps to relax about this.

Ruth
Susan S.
on 4/1/09 6:29 am - Roselle, NJ
It's swelling - I had my drains pulled 5 days postop and that's when they put my compression vest on - my lower arms never swelled - I had none of the stuff most people complain about - but I remember the first night in the compression garment  - one arm - upper body felt squished and awful...the other arm was fine......it all resolved.......as everybody else said.   Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/1/09 10:17 pm - OH
I had my arms done at the end of September and I actually still have a bit of "webbing" going on with one of my armpits.  If I hold out both arms, you can actually see that one has a little bit of a "web" (but it isn't really noticable otherwise.)  Both armpits also still feel very tight, but that one especially so.  I have been having my masseuse try to help me stretch both armpits, but we'll see whether or not that helps.  I just HATE the idea of him having to cut to revise it... the armpits were SO painful teh first time around...

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active