I'm happy - BL and Ext TT

survivor08
on 3/31/09 11:18 pm - Wyckoff, NJ
RNY on 06/09/08 with
Just had to share. I'm 18 days post op from Extended Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift. I'm still a little bit swollen but I can not complain. I am happy with my scar locations and my healing process so far. I can not believe that I really did not have much pain with these surgeries. Most of my pain is the uncomfortableness of the tightening of the muscles from the TT. My incision for TT is quite numb, so I don't feel that. My boobs don't hurt at all. I think i over prepared myself for sheer pain, and was amazingly suprised for none.  My only problems were the internal bleeding after surgery - which they went back in and fixed. I am amazed at my whole process with this. I feel great.
I have finally posted pics of the results so far - on my profile so request to be my friend and you can see. No shame with showing myself off right now. Going for lymphatic massage at surgeons office today and appointment to see surgeon.  Can't wait. I have never LOVED a surgeon more (well my gastric bypass surgeon maybe). But the staff and facility and EVERYTHING were Awesome!!! Highly recommend Dr Zubowski in Paramus NJ.  FANTASTIC.
Jenn - Gastric Bypass 06/09/08: Pre260/Cur150; BL & TT 03/13/2009
Lorraine22
on 3/31/09 11:56 pm
Wow..Im so happy you're doing so well!!! I hope I do as well as you. Im having my extended TT, MR, hernia repair..oh and lipo on the 7th. Did you have Lipo also? I am such a nervous wreck! Im so worried about all that can go wrong and being out of work for more then 3 weeks. Im a hairstylist and im terrified that I will need more time off because I stand most of the day. Cant wait to see your pics!! Continue feeling good!!!     Lorraine
survivor08
on 4/1/09 12:02 am - Wyckoff, NJ
RNY on 06/09/08 with
Thanks. I did not have any lipo. They did the extended tummy tuck to pull up a bit of skin and remove extra skin from my 'flanks' as they put it. Ha. I was nervous too, but I really am so suprised with how it wasn't as bad as I anticipated. I overprepared for extreme pain. Which I'm glad I did. I was super scared when i had internal bleeding and they had to go back in that night to fix it, but that went perfectly fine.

I manage Technology for a bank and I sit in my office most of the day. I am not totally comfortable at work yet. I just went back to work on Monday- so only took two weeks off work. I get up and walk around a bit most of the day. I think you will definitely have problems standing ALL day long since you're a hairstylist. You might not want to book full days your first week back.  You'd be suprised how tired you can get. I am very tired still. Good luck, I'm happy for you!!!
MSHAMO
on 4/1/09 12:03 am, edited 4/1/09 12:04 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI

Glad to hear that you are doing so well! I'm 5 weeks out with an extended TT, lipo and hernia repair. I, too, expected the pain to be excruciating, but was greatly surprised that the pain was very manageable. Like you, most of my uncomfortableness was from the muscle tightening (and hernia repair), really no pain from the incision site. So glad I did this, love not having all that 8 lbs. of flab that was removed!! Best of Luck!!

High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
KathigME
on 4/1/09 1:10 am - Gorham, ME
I am glad you are doing well!  And good to hear about the pain, that is my major fear. But I am going to go through with it anyway!  Having a panniculectomy and hopefully tummy tuck later this year.  I sent you a friend request.  
Kathi G.  I LOVE MY RNY!!   
Jaime C.
on 4/1/09 4:20 am - Pacific Grove, CA
RNY on 08/03/07 with
that's exactly what I am going for- TT and breast lift. I think I will have to do the TT first though and not at the same time because of insurance issues. My surgeon says I need an extended TT as well. So happy to hear you are doing well.
Jaime C.

Julia W.
on 4/1/09 7:35 am - Roseburg, OR
Could you add me to your friends list as I would like to see you pictures.  I had a BL/BR on March 23rd and am still swollen and bruised on the left, especially.  I had my Extended TT almost a year ago.  I have pics of that on my profile and will soom add the before and after of the BL/BR.  Good luck and hope you continue to do well.  Julia
 Julia 

Suzi Que
on 4/1/09 7:46 am - British Columbia, Canada

Hi there,

Thanks for the post, can you please add me as a friend as I'm considering plastics as well.

Tks,

Suzi

VSG June 26, 2011 - 3 Year Sleevaversary

JUDY C.
on 4/1/09 9:36 am - Bear, DE
Hi,
I live in Delaware, how far is Paramus?
Could you add me as a friend, I'm starting the PS stage now,
any info would be greatly appreicated.

Thanks!
Judy

~Believe in Yourself~

survivor08
on 4/1/09 10:43 pm - Wyckoff, NJ
RNY on 06/09/08 with
Paramus is about 1/2 hour from NYC. If that helps you.
Good luck
Most Active