16 weeks posts abdominalplasty how am I am doing

Lisa A.
on 4/3/09 9:21 am, edited 4/3/09 1:50 pm
Well I thought I would give those that are recovering from tummy tuck how it is going as far as swelling etc.My scar is still red but not to bad I had approx 14 lbs of panis removed and the day I went into surgery I was 186 lbs and today I am 162 lbs and I am wear a size 8 jean and got into a size 6 slacks, I was a lose 18 when I had my tummy tuck. I still wear my binder everyday faithfull during waking hours and wear no binder at night. My swelling has really dramatically gone down in last few weeks. I still have some swelling in mons area but even that is going down as well. My belly button is shrinking big time and sucking in I am notice I am finally getting a waist.. I really never thought I could ever wear a size 8 yet alone size 6. I am so amazed how small I am becomming and do not see my tummy ballon up anymore. I went back to my regular exercise routine as well as weight training and that is when i notice the pants dropping in size and swelling subsided. I do have some slight numbing in my tummy but at the scar line I am numb. I seem to have patches of dry dark pigmented skin over my hip bones and will ask my doc what that is all about as it kinds feels leathery dry rough  and numb to touch. I do feel great and so light on my feet, I  am so glad I had my tummy tighten as I can start to see abs popping threw. I think for a 50 year old that had birthed 9 children and wear size 6 slacks is not bad at all. New bobbies are comming april 30.. Yup I am gonna make 50 look good LOL LOL
2 years ago I was 295 lbs and size 28 30 jeans today size 6 slacks and 8 jeans 162 lbs and still dropping  I love my lab band who says it doesn't work???????
Lisa

(deactivated member)
on 4/3/09 10:23 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
CONGRATULATIONS!  How awesome, I'm happy for you!
Lisa A.
on 4/4/09 2:45 am
Thanks it has been OH that has been the secret to my sucess,  and all my fellow support group.
Lisa

O. Kufi
on 4/3/09 10:52 am
It is always so encouraging to hear the wonderful successes of this journey.

Big congrats on your marvelous transformation! 

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

Lisa A.
on 4/4/09 2:43 am

I want to encourage others that are struggling at times if this 295 lbs woman can get in size 6 slacks anyone can..  can achieve their goal  I am serious u r talking about a woman that could not even sucessfully diet a week yet alone 2 years. I was the 2 route 44oz rootbeer a day habbit woman that alone was like what 3000 calories?

Lorraine22
on 4/3/09 11:10 am
Hey Lisa, thanks so much for sharing..it sounds like youre doing great!! Im really happy for you! Im having my extented TT on April 7th. I hope I do as well as youIm so nervous!!!                      Lorraine
Lisa A.
on 4/4/09 2:38 am
U r gonna love the new you!!!
Lisa

Julie G.
on 4/3/09 11:21 am - Glennallen, AK
VSG on 08/02/07 with
WOW. That is AMAZING! From a size 28/30 to a 6/8!!!!! That is incredible! Congrats girl you must feel absolutely wonderful!  Thanks for sharing your story :)

The only thing that stands between you and what you want from life is simply the will to pursue it and the faith to believe it is possible.

Lisa A.
on 4/4/09 2:37 am
I feel like I won the lottery of weight loss LOL

Melissa M.
on 4/3/09 2:08 pm - Seabrook, TX

That is just awesome!  I love seeing such transformations not only from the weight loss but the changes that come before and after PS.  Stories like that gives me hope that I too can be happy after my surgery.

Most Active