What to wear after LBL and TL and lots of Itching!

Angensam
on 4/2/09 6:42 am - Atlanta, GA
Hey all:

I'm two weeks post op and I'm hoping to get 2 of my 4 drains out tomorrow. I'm starting to realize that I may actually go out into the world again and wonder what to wear. I can't imagine wearing underwear next to my incisions. Once all the drains are out, will I be able to wear Spanx or a similiar product? I tried to put on a pair of yoga pants and they immediately began rubbing against my TL incisions. Ouch! How long before it becomes more comfortable? I can deal with the swelling, but I dread having any thing close to my incisions.

Also, my incisions are healing nicely so that means lots of itching. I'll ask my doctor what I can use, but would be interested to see what others have tried.

Thanks!
Regina

Almost to goal!
Regina

Kelly V.
on 4/2/09 6:55 am - Galion, OH
Comando =)

I wear my binder still and will continue until I know all my incisions are healed and closed.  I was doing great and got a little froggy went out without my binder and decided to go shopping--- Well I sat in the car and I felt this huge sting and a pop and when I got home I looked and yep split the incision.   So binder went back on and will stay there.  I have nobody to be upset with but myself!!  If I go out I do wear a really loose pair of jogging pants but still keep my binder on.
Angensam
on 4/2/09 9:45 am - Atlanta, GA
The other night I felt that same sting and pop but my incision was not open. I called the doctor and the nurse said I probably pulled a muscle. It is still so sore!

I never take the garment off unless I shower, but I'm more worried about what to wear down below. I have been wearing a pair of old sweat pants that are about 2 sizes too big and because I have no butt, I look like a clown. I can't go out like that but I can't stay trapped in this house.

So frustrating!

Almost to goal!
Regina

chnsuz
on 4/2/09 7:38 am - Mt. Pleasant, MI
I bought a couple loose dresses a siize to big so that they didn't show the lumps from the binder and drains as bad.  I also bought a couple flexees - similiar to spanx - again a couple sizes too big so that they were supportive but not too tight.  I don't think that I wore pants for over a month.
cleos_mom
on 4/2/09 9:01 am - phila., PA
I bought Spanx after my TT and bought some thigh bottoms for my TL after my surgeon says I can wear them, as far as itching I put lotion on my TT incision and it never itched
islander
on 4/3/09 12:38 am - Middletown, RI
I am also 8 wks. post tt & br.  My best friend was a pair of yoga pants with no elastic.  Try a larger size.   I also wear Spanx-type tops or bottoms. Started them after drains were out- no more binder.  They are larger than I need.   I used cotton underwear (larger than I needed) with no problems. 

My only itching was skin but not where incisions were.  I use Cetaphil for sensitive skin & add liquid Vitamin E.  It helped but sometimes Tyenol.  Others have used Benadryl. 

Incisions never bothered me.  They were taped for quite awhile. 

Brandi7920
on 4/3/09 4:19 am - Nashville, TN
Do you have the thigh incision that goes down your leg or just at the top (along panty line)?
RNY 02/16/04
LBL, MTL, Lipo 06/04/09
351lb to 170lb
Angensam
on 4/7/09 1:52 am - Atlanta, GA
sorry it took so long to get back to you. I had out of town guests (just what I needed!).

I had a medial thight lift- no scar down the thigh.

Regina

Almost to goal!
Regina

mpafford
on 4/3/09 4:21 am - TX
I wore a binder after my TL (the one I wore after my LBL, Crotchless)
Then I bought some Under Armor, they are tight compression leggins things. I also bought one for the arms (arm lift)
I got them at Accadamy. They have their own brand that is cheaper, but could not find my size.
I am still wearing them (bottoms) my TL/AL was Jan 09.
I too was an itcher. Man, with my LBL I thought I would itch myself silly. I took Benadryl round the clock for 3 weeks. Every 4 hours. After 3 1/2 hours I could tell it was almost time for another dose.
My PS would not allow me to use any kind of lotion. He wants the incision to stay dry.

Good Luck,

Montie
Montie P
Lap band 3-4-05 starting weight 312 now 190
LBL/BL  w/lipo            6-18-08
Arm/Thigh Lift w/lipo  1-07-09

Sometimes losing is really winning!
ilyssajane
on 4/3/09 6:40 am - Forest Hills, NY
I think one thing that could be valid is, are you still on pain meds?  They can make you itch.   I had to switch mine.

By two weeks out, I was wearing a bycycle short type spanx product (mircle suit brand from Macy's) and that was very comfy and covered all my incisions, so nothing rubbed against them. 

Good luck!!!!
Ilyssa
RNY 6/22/05 = 268 * TT 2/22/07 = 164 * Arm Lift 1/16/09 = 170
Happy in life and that is all that matters!!!!

Most Active