Kristi A...How are you????

DeniseV
on 4/4/09 2:00 am - NH
Kristi...how are you hon? Last I saw in your posting, you were having issues with Neurosis (sp?). Hey as a side note, what exactly is neurosis? I assume it is when the skin dies? But I am not exactly sure....

Anyway, I have been thinking of you and want to know how you are. This PS journey is so frustrating and scary.....before having it done it is exciting and dreams of thinner bodies are endless...then the reality comes and before we reach that final place of wonderfulness, we go thrugh such hell. In my case (and yours it seems!) anyway. Those who dont experience these issues are LUCKY though few and far between. This  is certainly no cake walk and by far, much MUCH more difficult than WLS. MUCH more difficult.

Kristi I am here for you if you need me.

Hugs my friend.

Denise
*Lap RNY on 8/11/04
**Highest/day of surgery/current**
       268 lbs/ 232 lbs / 109 lbs! 
Plastics (Belt-lipectomy (LBL) and Medial Thigh Lift scheduled for 2/2/09.

Danielle H.
on 4/6/09 2:17 am - Atlanta, GA
Hey Denise-

I talk to her pretty regularly so I'll let her know you're asking about her and she'll come post.  Last time I heard from her the dr had cut out the necrosis (which is dead tissue - looks black) and he found healthy tissue underneath and was able to sew up the entire 5 inches of her back side completely...she bled a little, had a freak out - which is so normal! But she seems to be doing better, I think they went out of town this weekend for spring break so hopefully that's going well!

She's been through it, but definitely keeping her eyes on the long term.

How are you feeling?

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

akers123
on 4/7/09 12:06 am - Charlotte Hall, MD

Hi Denise, thanks so much for asking about me and thanks to Danielle for posting and update for me.

As Danielle said, they were able to cut out the necrosis and sew me up last Monday.  I pretty much layed on the couch all day Tuesday and Wednesday and went back on Thursday and the Dr said things look pretty good.  I don't go back now until Friday and its going to be a long week worrying to make sure and hope everything is ok.  There is one spot that does keep having some break through bleeding but my husband thinks it will be ok.  I of course on the other hand am freaking out a bit about it. 

We went away this weeken (my son races motorcross) and when we got home I was so swollen.  I had gained 5 pounds I guess from the fluid.  WOW, i was huge, it was scarey to see that swelling come back so quick.

Thanks again for checking on me and thanks to Danielle as well for always being there.... 

Kristi Akers
Gastric Bypass - Feb 6, 2004
Lower Body Lift - Feb 25, 2009
Breast Lift/Lipo - Dec 7, 2009
Upper Body Lift/Arms - Feb 23, 2011

Most Active