ARM LIFT HELP

ANGIE934
on 4/3/09 8:10 am, edited 4/3/09 8:20 am

HI, I HAD A ARM LIFT DONE ON 3/16 AND I STILL HAVE A LITTLE FAT UNDER MY ARM & ON MY BACK IS THAT GOING TO GO DOWN WITH THE SWOLLEN , BECAUSE RIGHT KNOW I DON'T LIKE MY ARM LIFT BECAUSE I STILL HAVE THAT FAT HANGING. I JUST ALSO HAD A T.T DONE 11/24 AND MY DR DID A GOOD JOB SO I THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO DO A GOOD JOB ON MY ARMS. MAYBE I AM RUSHING THING. I AM JUST WORRIED BECAUSE IT DON'T LOOK RIGHT.

ANGIE

(deactivated member)
on 4/3/09 8:43 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi Angie,
You are singing my song...........
I just had my arm lift done exactly 1 week ago (3/26).  I'm trying to NOT panic (yet) but I fear the surgeon may have not taken off enough.  I know I'm still swollen and it's all new but both me and Matthew look at it and our guts feel like he should have taken more.  I see him next Friday....if I still feel that way by then I'll say something.  I'll be so disappointed!  :-( 
BUT like I said I'm not going to jump on board that train yet;  I'm going to try and be patient.  I've looked at dozens of "after" pictures and can see how things do improve week by week.  I'm hoping to see something smaller next week.

I think we both have to sit tight, be patient and think positive!
I'm here for you if you need to chat about it.......
Ruth

Susan S.
on 4/3/09 11:23 am - Roselle, NJ
 The brachioplasty is a tricky operation - if the surgeon takes even just a touch too much - you have pain - chronic pain - chronic numbness -  and wound healing issues.    Most surgeons err on the side of taking less rather than more (my own did - you can look at my pictures).   If you want to improve the look of your arms - once the worst of the swelling has gone down - and you have to give it time - there are lots of upper body exercises that will tone and condition those muscles and give you a nice line.   I feel like my surgeon could have taken a bit more in my thigh lift - he did such an outstanding job on my LBL and my brachioplasty - but again - with all the wound healing issues etc. that he has seen - h erred on not taking too much and creating functional problems.....and I know that was the right decision.    If you're truly unhappy after six months and some toning work - then discuss whether a revision might help......but until then - you cannot judge the outcome.  The body takes a long time to heal.     Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

(deactivated member)
on 4/3/09 12:03 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
As always you are right!
My surgeon always said he'll take off as much as he safely can so that he can close everything without a problem.  I'll bet I will be happier once the swelling is going done...I've got to give it a few weeks for sure.......
Thanks for the note.
Most Active