Brachioplasty questions

LadyJwb
on 4/4/09 1:14 pm - Philadelphia, PA
I have a few questions and I'm hoping that you guys can help me. I'm hoping to have brachioplastuy before anything else 5/09 because I can't take the itchy and swinging and the need to tuck...sorry I got thrown off track there..LOL Lets just say if I won the lottery tomorrow and was able to get a FULL body lift I would ask to start with the arms please.

How long did you have to take off work?
Was it really painful? I've had two c-section so i know pain..lol
If painful was it worth it?
Did you have to wear scar patches after the healing to keep the scar from showing? 
Does your incision go into your arm pit? 
Did you sleep in your bed after wards or the recliner?

Okay I think that enough with the questions. Thanking you in advance.
w8'n no more
on 4/4/09 2:10 pm - middle of, IL

We may not be comparing apples with apples here, but I had my arm lift done completely in my armpit, with a scar from one side all the way to the other and everything pulled up.  I didn't have any fat, just skin.  It was the LEAST painful thing I've had done so far.  It was really TIGHT, and I did develop a blood clot under one pit, but didn't actually hurt.  I'm already back lifting light weights at 6 weeks postop.  I sure wish EVERYTHING had been this easy.  Praying the same goes for you!!!!!!

Kathy
sw/cw/gw
269/136/141
Surgery Date 10/21/05  Dr. Anthone
Aspire to Inspire Before You Expire!
LadyJwb
on 4/6/09 11:41 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Kathy
Kelly V.
on 4/5/09 1:11 am - Galion, OH

Piece of cake!  I missed 2 days of work, slept in my bed, and pain was minimal.  The only thing that sucks about this surgery is you don't really have mobility and that stinks.

LadyJwb
on 4/6/09 11:47 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Kelly, I have a desk job so I was hoping to return rather soon. I can sit as my desk. Did you just keep long sleeves on to cover the wrappings?
tazfan
on 4/5/09 6:40 am
I had my arms and tummy tuck done together.  The only time I had what I call pain was in the process of standing up, sitting down or laying down, sitting up.  You need both arm and stomach muscles to do those things.  I hurt for about 2 weeks doing those things and was uncomfortable for about 6 weeks with the swelling.  I wore scar patches for about 2 weeks after all of the incisions closed completely and wore compression garments on my arms for the first 3 weeks.  I took 3 weeks off work due to having both procedures done at the same time.  My incisions go from my elbows to just below my arm pits and I have no range of motion problems.  I slept in a recliner for about a week because of the tummy tuck.  I could have easily slept in my bed if I had just had the arms done.  I love the way my arms look.  From half way across the room you cannot even see my scars and I am very fair skinned, red headded and freckle faces so scars usually stand out on me.
Good luck and I totally understand about needing to get the arms taken care of.
LadyJwb
on 4/6/09 11:52 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Tazfan I hope I'm as lucky as you especially wit the scaring part. Thanks for the input.
sboyd1
on 4/5/09 7:15 am, edited 4/5/09 7:15 am - Pearland, TX
I was off work for two weeks... I slept in a reclining position on my couch initially.... the pain was ok; it came and went, but I tell you what.... aside from rny, this was clearly one of the best decisions I ever made!! I am in love with my new arms.... I had quite a bit of skin and separated fat (i think that's what they call it), so i have the vertical scar from my elbow to my underarm. I'm using scar treatment gel..... I love the results of my brachioplasty.... I'll post more recent pics this week.... (i think i have some on my page from when i was first out from my brachio)
LadyJwb
on 4/6/09 11:40 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Thanks for thew info can't wait to see the pics
doreenh
on 4/5/09 8:04 pm - Meredith, NH
I'm getting mine on 5/4.   I was told that it was 7-10 days out of work.  I figure they over estimate so I'm planning on taking a week.  I only took 2 for my RNY.  He did tell me they were going to have to make a T incision under my arm also.  My scar is going from my elbow.

I can't believe I'm actually going to have plastics. I never in my lifetime thought I would be doing this, but my arms really bother me.  It was an issue before surgery and really is now.  I can't wait to be able to wear sleeveless tops/dresses.

Most Active