Did I overdo it?

Danielle H.
on 4/6/09 2:13 am - Atlanta, GA
Well its not a huge pain, but I did yardwork this weekend, which he's released me to do, but I have had this pain in my belly - well I think its muscle pain but its just under the middle part of the rib and its kind of coming and going.  I can't see any physical mark there - but its on the right side of my stomach (to the right of the incision) and its tender to the touch but also has pain when I'm not touching it.  Its not terrible or anything but its been there for about 3 days and is sometimes worse. 

Any thoughts - should I call the dr?

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

BigCityGirl
on 4/6/09 3:49 am - San Diego, CA
You probably tweeked your abdominal sutures.  Someone posted here last year about rupturing her internal ab sutures following a TT.  This required a second surgery (not a revision!).  You still have to be careful for several months.  I wasn't released that early to do lifting or anything more strenuous than elliptical and walking.  It's hard to realize that you are still healing when you feel so good.  Just take it easy for a few more months. 
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Danielle H.
on 4/6/09 5:12 am - Atlanta, GA
Thanks, BCG...actually when I started feeling around on my belly, I realized that a few places feel that way - like sore muscles - so I'm not sure its a stitch...I don't recall what sore abs feel like anymore so I think it could just be sore muscles from working out...I did use my abs but not really any targeted stuff...

The rest of my body is just as sore so I think it may just be that I haven't worked out in so long now that I've forgotten what being sore is like again!

I am over 5 weeks out, at what point did your dr release you?  Just curious, mine says about 4 weeks, but I still wear the binder from time to time and mostly always at night....though he doesn't require it anymore. 

Swelling is there but minimized by the night with the binder.  Its much better today than it was yesterday...if I do keep hurting of course I am not worried to call my PS!  I have that man on speed dial!

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

Tee M.
on 4/6/09 5:19 am - CT

My whole abdomin is still very sore and some spots to the touch.  One spot over my left hip bone is the worst.  Feels like I'm getting stabbed.  The incision line is the best part of the aftermath for me.  Im just 5 + weeks myself.  I tried to help clean the yard with my husband yesterday and the bending over hurt, so I stopped.  Later I was just trying to scrub off some cooked food on my stove and it felt like my boobs were gonna pop off.  I am so ready for the pain to be a memory.

Why is it we all know how to use our tool, but refuse to do it?

BigCityGirl
on 4/6/09 5:29 am - San Diego, CA
He released me for the elliptical and treadmill at six weeks - everything else at 12 weeks.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
cleos_mom
on 4/6/09 9:52 am - phila., PA
I was released from th ePS after 8 weeks
MSHAMO
on 4/7/09 12:31 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI
I am 6 weeks out from a TT and have my PS appt. tomorrow. The only spot that really bothers me at this point is where I had a baseball size umbilical hernia repaired. I am still being careful, thanks for the FYI about being careful for a few months. Nancy
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
(deactivated member)
on 4/7/09 6:11 pm
Most Active