Bikini TT or Anchor TT

(deactivated member)
on 4/6/09 3:29 am
I am scheduled for a standard bikini cut TT, but after reading many posts, I am afraid this will leave me with that muffin top I am so anxious to get rid of.  I am 150 lbs. and the doctor states if the bikini cut TT does not give me the results I want, he can do a revision to get rid of the muffin top. 

My question is:  Have anyone lost their muffin top with the bikini cut TT?  I've read the anchor cut would take care of everything at once, but I really do not want the scar.  Any input you give is really appreciated.

Thanks in advance for all of your help with this major decision!
Tee M.
on 4/6/09 5:26 am - CT
I posted my 5 week pics the other day.  I had a very long bikini cut and am extremely happy with the results.  NO muffin top whatsoever.  I think it depends on how much excess skin you do have.

here;
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/plasticsurgery/3902025/5-w eeks-out-today/

Why is it we all know how to use our tool, but refuse to do it?

islander
on 4/6/09 5:29 am - Middletown, RI
Most of my muffin top is gone with standard TT.

(deactivated member)
on 4/6/09 5:49 am - St. Paul, MN
no muffin top for me.... "bikini TT" but i did have double TT (upper & lower) & it was kind of a modified scar to encompass both parts of tummy and the thighs... guess it depends on how you're cut. i guess if he's willing to revise i'd go with the less present scar... good luck!
gypsywoman6789
on 4/6/09 11:18 am - Hudson, NH
Funny you should ask because I posted this very question just a little while ago and I am having my tt tomorrow with the anchor (no muscle tightening).  Now for me, I don't care about the scar because I am never going to be bikini worthy.

I also think it depends on how you are built and how you carry your fat and where your excess skin is worst.  For me I have definite "extra boobs" as I like to call them and I just wasnt convinced that I would be happy with just the bikini cut.

Good luck, I think its a personal choice.  At least you can have a revision later if you need it, or maybe just some lipo of the muffin top.
DEBI R.
on 4/6/09 7:08 pm - CORSICANA, TX
I think it depends on how much skin you have.  I'm having an anchor cut because I have  a large muffin top and a  TT wouldn't get rid of it.  I'm having a circumferential TT with anchor cut and Brachioplasty tomorrow and I hope to have a flat stomach after it's over. Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

BlueEyes30
on 4/7/09 12:10 pm - Haughton, LA
And who is performing your surgery?  Is the surgeon local for you?  DO you have a web site to share with us all?

Staying Focused leads to success!!  Beginning: 345, Current: 163, Goal: 140-130

DEBI R.
on 4/7/09 2:50 pm - CORSICANA, TX
I live in Texas so the surgeon doing mine is Dr William Carpenter in Dallas, Tx.  I live about 60 miles from Dallas and will be leaving in about 4 hours to go to the hospital for my surgery. You can google plastic surgeons in your  area. Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

DrL
on 4/7/09 2:05 pm - Houston, TX

The amount and quality of the excess skin above the navel is important.  I must say that I rarely do the anchor cut because of healing problems where the 2 incisions come together and seem to get good control of the dreaded "muffin top."

Some photos:

http://www.drlomonaco.com/tummy.htm

Best wishes,

John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com

MelissaF
on 4/8/09 2:37 am - Northwood, IA
Hijack!

LOVE the new avatar Dr. L, it's a hoot!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Most Active