Talk about pain...

JulieIND
on 4/7/09 2:58 pm - Indianapolis, IN
I am 3 weeks post BA/BL & TT.  I've had a lot of swelling, and when I went for wound care instruction today, she decided to try to get some fluid out of my belly.  So the nurse proceeded to stick a HUGE needle in my belly and drain some fluid off.  YUCK!  I was totally not prepared for that.
MyQnA
on 4/7/09 4:49 pm
I am curious if you had drains when you went home?

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 

Jeni
on 4/7/09 4:56 pm - Port Hueneme, CA
Wow my doctor numbs the area before doing that! If they do it again I would ask about that!

Stop telling God how big your storm is and starting telling your storm how big your God is!

boomer65
on 4/7/09 7:48 pm
I had to have that done a few times after my TT with a BL/BA.  I didn't really feel anything until the last time cuz I was still so numb in my tummy.  Still am for the most part.  I don't disagree with you that it was pretty gross, but I looked so much better after all that fluid was drained off.

Once you have it done, they'll probably have to do it again so be prepared.

Good Luck on healing.

Franci

cleos_mom
on 4/7/09 10:16 pm - phila., PA
ask her to numb it first with lidocaine thats what my PS did and I didn't feel a thing I had to have it done 4 different times and in 3 different places in my belly an it didn't hurt.

are you  in the phila. area it could have been my sister LOL she is an R.N. visiting nurse and when she changed my dressings I wanted to jump thru the roof she is so rough.
Good Luck
Susan
jackie j
on 4/8/09 7:51 am - Glenmoore, PA
Hijack!  She was probably trying to get back at you for something you did to her in childhood..
Your incisions look fabulous BTW and your underwear is waaay more fun than my grannypanties! 

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

w8'n no more
on 4/9/09 12:31 pm - middle of, IL
Yeah, I've had some pretty nasty stuff done in a doctor's office, but there are two rules with me.  It can NOT hurt and it better look great when it's done.  I had my wound debrided several times with my prior TT and it didn't hurt until they got to the "good" skin.  that's one way they find the live skin that is still there.  Also, they can numb you first with emla, which is a topical creme, after that takes affect, then they can use the novocaine through needles before they get down and dirty with the actual cutting.   Next time ask to be premedicated.  And if someone is driving you, a valium wouldn't hurt either!!!
Kathy
sw/cw/gw
269/136/141
Surgery Date 10/21/05  Dr. Anthone
Aspire to Inspire Before You Expire!
ng
on 4/14/09 12:03 pm - Southwest, LA
they stabbed me on multiple occasions to drain areas, and got NOTHING!!!   painful.  you have my sympathy.  at least it drained so it probably will reduce your likelihood of swelling pain later.
Most Active