Thanks and Update on Today's PS Consult

bamagirlee
on 4/6/09 10:25 am - Phenix City, AL
First of all thanks to all *****sponded to my post needing advise and encouragement before my consult this afternoon. It went very well and he said I was a very good candidate for the panni removal and TT. Based on the documentation I brought with me he is thinking the insurance may approve me first time around....we'll see though. I'll know in about 4-5 weeks. 

As it turns out, I really don't need the full LBL afterall. I don't have enough skin on my back side to really warrant that. My main issue is the huge apron/panni and the muffin top. He spent time with me, showing me different pics of surgery patients of his (before and after pics) and I like the results I saw. It will require an overnight stay at the hospital, however insurance will cover most of that as long as they approve the panni removal. He recommended not doing the inner thigh lift at the same time. One reason he gave was that when you combine a non insurance procedure with an insurance procedure the fees (including hospital & anesthesia payment) get cut quite a bit and my out of pocket woud be more. I totally understand that concept and have seen it happen because I work in insurance myself. 

Anyway...I'm still thinking of seeing another surgeon for a consult, just for the sake of getting two opinions. The problem with that is there is no others around here who are qualified and have the experience in this type of surgery and I'm looking for. I'll have to travel to Atlanta (1.5 hrs away) and for this type of surgery would really love to have it done locally. My gut feeling is that I'll have it here with the surgeon I saw today. 

I'm enjoying reading all your posts and hearing how pleased you are with your surgery!             
Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

Pam_In_Huntsville
on 4/6/09 10:36 am - Chiloquin , OR
 You go, girlfriend!! The TT makes so much difference...in everything!! Love you!!
glitter - http://www.sparklee.com

Siamak Agha MD PhD
on 4/6/09 2:14 pm - Newport Beach, CA
It would be best to have the Lower body Lift whi*****ludes circumferential TT, Buttcok Lift and Outer Thigh Lift.  A LBL will however flatten your buttock areas.  Most of my patient prefer to have a buttock augmentation with the use of their own lower back tissue.  Also, I do typically perform the inner thigh lift at the same time.  It is more comfortable for the patients to go thru this once only- not twice.

You can view my gallery at: http://www.plasticsurgerybodycontouring.com/index.php/gallery/post-bariatric/

Siamak Agha MD PhD
Board Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society of Plastic Surgery
Specializing in Post-Bariatric Plastic Surgery
www.plasticsurgerycal.com

(deactivated member)
on 4/6/09 6:41 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
The best thing you can do for yourself is meet with a few surgeons......you learn a lot each time you meet with someone new.  Then you can compare them all and make a decision.
Good luck!
Most Active