my drains are out,inner thigh pix before & after

cleos_mom
on 4/8/09 5:26 am - phila., PA
I went to the PS today and he removed my drains and said I could drive & shower, check out my pix and look at the incisions they are only 9 days post inner thigh lift,back lift & butt lift. my incisions are so good they look like they are a year old they are so thin. I am so pleased with my results even though my legs swelled up bigger then before and my PS is so pleased with the way I am healing.
Having the drains out is the best thing ever I have so much more mobility he took off all my
steri strips and I can bend, the only thing I am still uncomfortable at is bending my knees,they feel so tight I feel like they want to rip apart he told me they wont cause my incisions are 100% closed & sealed
(deactivated member)
on 4/8/09 6:03 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
WOW you look great.  The incision is AWESOME!!!!!!! looks beautiful!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!
Susan S.
on 4/8/09 8:19 am - Roselle, NJ
 Susan - they look terrific - and I'm with ya - not having to pin the frickin drains to the shower curtain is heavenly!!! LOL...the swelling takes it's time.   I did elliptical yesterday and really didn't think it did anything in the way of worsening my swelling - but I trained today - just core work - brutal core work!!! - and a few hours later my legs were swelling at the knee......so home to put on the compression thigh highs - on top of the compression tights that are footless....with both - I feel much better.    I'm skipping the gym tomorrow....getting the idea that I need to slow down a bit - but plan to train again on Friday (upper body)....from week to week things look better.    Enjoy your drain freedom and keep those sutures moist - helps things to fade more quickly.     Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

cleos_mom
on 4/8/09 9:08 am - phila., PA
Hi Susan
 my Dr. said I could wear spanx or thigh high ted compression stockings, I tried walking around with nothing on my legs and it feels weird I like wearing the compression garments,
1.also you had your arms done how is that compared to the legs?.
2.   did you need compression garments for your arms or were ace bandages good enough ?
3. did you have drains for your arms?

tomorrow I am going to put moisturizer on and then I have scar guard that does wonders on
thanks
Susan
scars
akers123
on 4/8/09 8:51 am - Charlotte Hall, MD
You look great!!  You incisions do look great!!!
Kristi Akers
Gastric Bypass - Feb 6, 2004
Lower Body Lift - Feb 25, 2009
Breast Lift/Lipo - Dec 7, 2009
Upper Body Lift/Arms - Feb 23, 2011

Melissa M.
on 4/8/09 12:55 pm - Seabrook, TX
Wow, your thighs look great!  I can't believe how nice your incisions look already.
cleos_mom
on 4/8/09 9:02 pm - phila., PA
I prepared myself before surgery with lots of protein and immediately post-op I drank protein drinks everyday even if I couldn't eat I drank protein. my nutritionist told me to drink lots of protein it makes you heal faster and I am also diabetic so that is really great how I healed I am still doing protein & lots of red meat, so I guess it all worked.
(deactivated member)
on 4/8/09 9:58 pm
cleos_mom
on 4/9/09 4:49 am - phila., PA
Thanks

I am thrilled my PS is  a body sculpture and my sutures  are all on the inside
Someone posted pix of their incision from a TT it was all stapled and sutured it looked so lumpy, if I would have seen that before Ihad my TT I would have never gotten it done
Most Active