Insurance Approval? Where to start? Does Aetna pay for anything?

Kim G.
on 3/8/10 12:11 pm - Plano, TX
I have tons of questions....

I know every insurance is different...I have Aetna...can I just call them and ask for their certain guidelines like I did with my RNY? Anyone have any luck with them covering any procedures?

I need my arms done most, and I know that this would probably be cash pay so I'm prepared for that...but I'm hoping to start preparing for any other procedures...

Any tips would be appreciated,.

Thanks

Delight thyself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalms 37:4

DrL
on 3/8/10 2:44 pm - Houston, TX

Tips, a sample letter, and an online link to AETNA's webpage regarding plastic surgery. 

All for your reading pleasure at:

http://www.drlomonaco.com/tips-on-getting-insurance-for-plas tic-surgery.shtml

John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
Sandi B.
on 3/8/10 7:49 pm - Haltom City, TX
DR L!!! THANK YOU!!!! This what I needed. (Kim I have Aetna as well)
*Sandi* 
*Strength... it's inside, beside, behind and all around me*

DrL
on 3/9/10 5:47 am - Houston, TX
Once you understand their rules,  you can speak with them and your PS with a bit more power on your side. 

Misinformation and ignorance on the part of the company reps and doctors about the exact criteria to get coverage result in a lot of denials !
John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
specialk2
on 3/11/10 9:10 am - OH
I have Aetna insurance and I was just approved for breast reduction surgery which will include a lift, as medically necessary due to pain in my neck, shoulders, back, and rashes that continued to recur over time. I documented these issues with my bariatric surgeon on follow ups as well as with my primary care physician. I got approved quickly once the plastic surgeon submitted the right documentation. She did warn me that the insurance does require a certain number of grams of breast tissue to be removed to comply with what qualifies as breast reduction based on my height and weight.

Aetna will cover my panniculectomy but not abdominoplasty. So I know I will have to pay out of pocket for the difference between the two surgeries.

Aetna will not cover for arms or thighs at all.

Most Active