BCBS Coverage of Excess Skin Removal

rhody
on 4/8/10 1:48 am - Warwick, RI
I have Blue Cross Blue Shield of New England.  They are an amazing insurance company and are paying for my Gastric Bypass which is scheduled in the next 4 weeks.

I'm over 400lbs but only have stretch marks on my stomach area. I'm going to do everything thing I can to prevent having too much excess skin but I'm nervous that there is nothing I can do to prevent it.

Has anyone out there gotten Plastic Surgery for Excess Skin Removal covered by BCBS?  Was it a huge fight or an easy process?
rhody
on 4/8/10 9:49 am - Warwick, RI
Thank you that's hopeful
ncredibleeswyt
on 9/17/13 2:51 am - NY
Who was your surgeon?
Dawn the Twinsmom
on 4/8/10 2:36 am - Worcester, MA
HAVE BCBS MA. i JUST GOT MY TT APPROVED BY MY INSURANCE, AND I AM ALSO SUBMITTED FOR THIGH LIFT TOO.... WE WILL WAIT AND SEE.

When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing, then we truly live life.

Johanna !
on 4/8/10 3:35 am - Formerly known as jdcRI, RI
I have BCBS Empire out of NY but I am in RI - it is a PPO... What conditions (if any) did they document?  How low does your pannus hang?  Mine is not very low...
Johanna - like Joe-on-uh, or that movie, Juwanna Man!  

rhody
on 4/8/10 9:50 am - Warwick, RI
What do you mean by Pannus?
TeganAngel
on 6/29/13 5:27 pm - Smokerise (30 minutes north on I-65 from Bham), AL

If you can look in the mirror naked and NOT see  your vagina/rash/back problems documents they will cover it. Email me if you want more information.

Angel Hugs Love Kim AKA... Tegan Angel 

happypeach
on 6/30/13 12:41 am - Rome, GA

I am 4 years post op and would love to have plastic surgery; however, my State of Georgia insurance will not cover it?  Any suggestions??

Starting:  370, Current: 198.5, Goal: 190

teresawesley08
on 9/19/14 7:17 am

Hello   I would like to get more information....   Thank you...

rhody
on 4/8/10 9:50 am - Warwick, RI
That's great!  Thanks for sharing
Most Active