Shapewear

mxekin65
on 8/4/10 10:40 pm
What do you use? I bought a Dr. Rey Shapewear yesterday and it seems as though it made me bigger in all the wrong places.  I couldn't even button up my dress pants.  Granted I am still a bit swollen from my PS surgery. 

Your input is most appreciated.

Blessings,

Nina

Don't say anything unkind, untrue, or unnecessary.

Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith ...
it is the price of love.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/OH_Rox_Round_Rock_SG/
muffin27
on 8/4/10 11:17 pm - Canada
mxekin65
on 8/5/10 9:52 am
I ended up going to Walmart and buying one along with another cami.  I will look into the compression tights.

Thanks for the insight!!

Blessings,

Nina

it is the price of love.

MarilynT
on 8/8/10 1:52 am
I am 4 months post op TT and breast lift and I STILL swell!!

I found the body suits from Walmart comfortable. But I don't find they help much with the swelling. Even the Marena given to me at the surgi-center immediately post op really have no effect on the swelling....I just feel like a sausage on the grill, about the pop!

Marilyn (now in NM)
RNY 10/2/01
262(HW)/150-155(GW)/159(CW)
(updated March 2012)

Lisa R.
on 8/5/10 2:56 am - Cleveland, OH
What did your ps recommend?  Mine mentioned spanx or something along those lines (Assets is the version Sara Blakely produces for Target).

When I mentioned that I have running tights, he felt better about me traveling in those.  I also felt better in running tights as I had full compression from my calves to my waist.  I don't get the same from spanx.  
RNY:  10/11/2001 PS:  May 28, 2010: Circumferential body lift with gluteal augmentation and brachioplasty & thoracoplasty June 25, 2010: Bilateral breast augmentation with mastopexy and medial thigh lift

mxekin65
on 8/5/10 10:24 am
She recommended I wear  "something with support, something with the waistline that goes above my incision.

I did go to Walmart and bought a cami, some panty girdles, and a shapewear.  It will surely be trial and error. 

Thanks for the insight!

Blessings,

Nina

it is the price of love.

sonnieN
on 8/5/10 6:40 am - grand rapids, MI

You can try Flexxes @ Kohls. I use them and they are great. Also if you are looking for something for the bottom half my friend who's a stylist says Calked Leggs are great. There is also a Walmart brand of the Flexxes  (not sure what the name is) but made by the same company but just for Walmart so they are cheaper. My friend also just told me of some for the legs that are at Claires.

Sonya

(deactivated member)
on 8/6/10 1:59 pm

Calked Leggs ?  I've never heard of this.  Is it new?  What does Calked mean?
sonnieN
on 8/7/10 3:56 am - grand rapids, MI
No, don't think it's new. Calked is just the name of it. She said it's by Leggs and in a pink package I believe. I haven't actually gone out and bought any but she swears by them.
ericaFG
on 8/10/10 11:14 pm - Cambridge, Canada
I am pre-TT, but LOVE the Flexees cami. It's called Fat Free Dressing. I have sometimes found the real thing at Costco for $15.  Much cheaper than the $40 they want at Kohls.

I did find the "no-name" version at Target.  It was called Simply Skinny.  Looks and feels exactly the same.  And also $16.99.  And Target has a size small, which you couldn't get at Target.
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

Most Active