Looking for Plastic Surgeon in So. Ca.

calgal
on 3/29/11 6:36 pm - socal, CA
Who did you use and were you happy?
Thanks!

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose".
Romans 8:28

Whacka Doodle
on 4/1/11 3:09 pm
So Cal is chokablock with plastic surgeons -- My advice is to start with your own doctor's recommendations, and go from there.

Interested in low-carb nutrition?  Thinking of trying Atkins? Want to try high-fat and/or high-protein eating?  Whether or not you have had (or are thinking about) WLS   http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/atkins/   

NursieGirl
on 4/1/11 3:34 pm
I live in SoCal, but due to the inflated prices here (and my pennilessness) have actually decided to hop right across the border to Mexico!  I agree with the poster above.  It's difficult to narrow it down, so it might be helpful to go through your WLS physician or even PCP to get a recommendation.

calgal
on 4/1/11 3:41 pm - socal, CA
Hi,
Who did you use in Mexico?

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose".

NursieGirl
on 4/1/11 3:51 pm
Hiyas, I am going in the summer.  I can give you the information for the patient coordinator I'm working with if you're interested.  She's great!  I had my VSG in Tijuana, and honestly felt that the care I received was not adequate.  This time for plastics I did a lot more research and got so many recommendations!  I'm going to Mexicali and have a choice of three surgeons (Manjarrez, Luque or Gaspar) but I'm leaning toward Manjarrez because I like his conservative approach.  I will probably be paying upfront for a breast lift and augmentation (but hoping I don't need an implant) and a little liposuction of the trunk and hips, something to make my tooshie look better.  I feel comfortable with this doctor because the patients I spoke to said that he actually suggested that the patient didn't need implants and refunded her money.  That's the kind of physician I want!  Someone who's looking to give results, not get as much money as possible

calgal
on 4/1/11 3:58 pm - socal, CA
Thank you..I was wondering if it is Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey..that is the surgeon I have chosen if I do decide to go to Mx...which is most likely what I will do.

NursieGirl
on 4/1/11 4:00 pm
Oh nope, I decided against Sauceda when I saw his mixed reviews.  Keep us updated on what you do decide!  I got quotes here in the suburbs of LA and it would cost me upwards of $30k!

Kathie L.
on 4/3/11 1:37 am - Castaic, CA
Dr. Katzen, Dr. Katzen, Dr. Katzen!

He's amazing!!! I'd be happy to share photos if you want to contact me.
California Kathie
RNY - 10/07
Rt. Hip Replacement - 4/08
Upper Body Lift - 11/08 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
Lower Body Lift - 3/09 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
Most Active