Day 7 - lst Post Op LBL

(deactivated member)
on 6/27/11 2:13 pm
 Today was my first dr visit since my surgery last Tuesday.  The visit went well - they took the plastic sheeting and dressing off my belly button so I got to see it.  Was able to get 2 out of the 4 drains removed too.  Since they will be closed for 4th of July next Monday I will be going in this Friday - they ps didn't want me going that long yet between appts.

Tomorrow I'm going to take a short drive as I'm not taking any meds.  Sleeping less and less and just working on getting extra protein in and walking a little bit each day.
(deactivated member)
on 6/27/11 10:27 pm
YAY...you're doing fantastic..!!
So HAPPY FOR YOU...KEEP GETTING BETTER AND BETTER..!!

WHAT ARE YOU EATING FOR THE EXTRA PROTEIN..? ARE YOU HAVING ANY TROUBLE WITH EATING AFTER THE PS..?

Did you like your new belly button..or could you tell if you were going to like it..? :D

cyndy
(deactivated member)
on 6/27/11 10:50 pm
 Hey Cyndy!!  Thanks for the well-wishes.

I can honestly say that my appetite is no where to be found.  .  I actually brought it up in my visit yesterday.  It seems to be a side effect for some people.  Nothing sounds good and since I'm not "hungry" it is tough to get the motivation to eat.  But I know right now "calories = healing" so I just make myself.  I've even had a few things picked up for me that I thought would sound good - never thought I'd have this problem - ha!

As far as the protein - I had researched good quality sources and am making sure I'm getting in milk, peanut butter, chicken, cheese, etc.  I also am supplementing with a daily protein shake.  How I chose it was based on reviews of nutrients, taste, etc.  I ended up getting the one they sell at Wal-mart which has Jillian Michael's on the canister.

I had the option of having a belly button or no button.  I still wanted to have one and from what I believe - they keep the original one and make a new opening for it during the surgery.  I can say that my belly button looks very different now that it doesn't have all that excess skin squishing it!

When I'm done with my drains it will be interesting to start trying on my regular clothes and see how they are fitting.  Right now I'm in t-shirts and baggy yoga pants or baggy gym shorts.
(deactivated member)
on 6/28/11 1:08 am - Yorktown, VA
I had no appetite for about a week and dropped quite a bit of weight (that i didn't want to drop).  It came back and now I'm eating like a horse in order to gain.  Who'd of thought I'd be trying to gain weight?!? 

I hit 134 at my lowest post LBL, which was 21 pounds below goal.  I'm now back up to 144.....I'm working on gaining another several pounds.
siberiancat
on 6/28/11 3:01 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
I didn't get on the scale until all drains were out.  I've went down 6 pounds since fleur de lis tummy tuck & brachioplasty 5 weeks ago.  I still have a lot of abdominal swelling.

I still don't have my appetite back and I'm trying to get in 130 gm protein a day.  (I have an open wound from skin necrosis and need the protein for the healing, which may take a couple months).  I still have very little energy.  This is my 2nd week back at work, but not working full 8 hour days yet.  I'm also getting 9-10 hours sleep and taking in extra fluids.

I'm 62 and they did alot of muscle work under my anchor cut and it is taking me time to get back to "normal."

Best wishes on your recuperation.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Most Active