thigh lift vs LBL?

lwillis22
on 7/13/11 11:16 am
I am wondering what the difference is between a thigh lift and a LBL? 

Thanks,
Lori

Laura in Texas
on 7/13/11 12:15 pm
When people say "thigh lift" they generally mean an inner thigh lift in which the incision is on the inside of the thighs, where they meet. In a lower body lift, the surgeon cuts all the way around your hips and pulls down from the belly and puls up all the way around. This generally improves the outer thighs, but does nothing for the inner thighs. Hope I make sense.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

redbedhead
on 7/13/11 10:51 pm - Colorado Springs, CO
Yep, Laura hit it right on the head. 

A thigh lift takes care of your inner thighs, incisions are on the inside of your thigh.  it usually does not do much for your outer thighs.

A Lower Body Lift  the incision in in your pubic hair line and goes ALL the way around your whole body.  It pulls up your outer thighs, butt, and Mons, and pulls down your abdomen.  also generally your belly button is relocated or removed also.

Anna   
RNY 10/14/08 LBL 6/14/11    135 pounds lost, after bounceback regain.  And I am OK with that.  It enabled me to have double hip double knee replacements in the 9 month periond between Oct 2011 and June 2012.  

helping
on 7/14/11 12:24 am
You have to pick which areas need it the most. The lower body lift is the better of the two as it covers more areas. I think it is easier to form your inner thighs with work outs and exercise while the lbl covers areas which are harder to do. Have you heard of lifestyle lift? Hope this helped!
redbedhead
on 7/14/11 5:07 am - Colorado Springs, CO
While that is generally true, no matter how much you exercise the extra skin on your inner thighs won't go away so you may still need a thigh lift.

Most Active