Would love to see your before/afters

Thundergrrrl
on 1/27/12 10:45 am
Particularly from people who had plastics around the same weight I did (180lbs).

I will post some if anyone cares. I just like to see other results compared to mine.

Highest Wt: 274 / LAP-Band Low: 180 / Sleeved at 233 / Goal: 160!

j_j_miller
on 1/27/12 10:59 am
      I would love to see results for the same weight range too. I am scheduled Feb 20th for my surgery, so less than a month till I go in. I am getting everything from thighs up to my neck done, not sure about arms yet. The only thing that I feel I might regret is not loosing enough weight. I had my lap band about two months after you, was 276 before and am now 166-169 or so.I would think that my results would be similiar to yours. I am in a size 12 or 14 pants. One year ago I was wearing size 16 pants. So it basically took me a whole year to drop just one size. So I am just going to do it now and get it over with. I am hoping to maybe loose a couple pounds before the big day, but I keep sabatoging myself.. Even though I am still kind of a thicker girl, I am hoping after all my work I will be more on the curvy side. We shall see. 

Jennifer
Thundergrrrl
on 1/27/12 11:16 am
Congrats on the weight loss! I started at 274 and am now (still) 180.  You definitely are closer to my goal weight but the body just doesn't want to budge.

Here are pictures for you though, hope they help.

dasie
on 1/27/12 7:36 pm
You look great.  It all looks great, and so does your back.  I'm always curious.  What is the criteria for why some surgeons choose to do a TT vs. a LBL.  Is it based upon cost from the patient's perspective, or purely what the surgeon decides necessary?

Iam_with_the_Band
on 1/27/12 8:04 pm
it depends upon what your butt looks like.  If you have a saggy hiney and lower back, a LBL would be best.  If you're just worried about your Tummy area, a TT will work fine.  if you have a lot of excess skin above your belly button, then your doctor may do an Anchor Cut TT like mine did.  But Laura's doctor took care of her upper tummy skin without the Anchor Cut TT.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

glamour_04
on 1/28/12 6:00 am - Abilene , TX
 Im getting the anchor cut tt aswell? do u know if this is a harder recovery then the other TT? got any tips for me, i would appreciate it, im scared bout the after care lol!!! Thank u so much
     I Dont Skinny Dip I Chunky Dunk!        
Thundergrrrl
on 1/27/12 11:55 pm
Mine asked me if I wanted a LBL but because of the cost and because he thought I'd be happier with the results of the TT and the chest skin excision, we went with that. For me it was all about maximum results with minimum cost and my lower body has actually never carried a lot of extra weight so the tummy and upper back were my problem areas.

BROWNEYES_24
on 1/27/12 11:58 am
Did your doc do a upper back lift and lower body..
Thundergrrrl
on 1/27/12 12:40 pm
It was purely a conventional "tummy tuck" and then he did what he called "side chest skin excision" He basically removed my side-boobs and it looks like I got a breast lift from the front but the real difference is in the back.

j_j_miller
on 1/27/12 12:11 pm
 I am glad you posted because you look so great! I am going to have to say I am pretty close to you pre op. Did your surgeon do lipo on the stomach as well? If I can have results like you then I will be happy. I know what you mean I can only diet so much before I go crazy and then I just give up and really never make any progress. I am already comfortable in clothes, because I can hide the stomach hang. And now I am just hoping I can feel comfortable in bra and panties if the need should arise. LOL. You look great, totally worth it.

Jennifer
Most Active