newbie - sorta

roundater
on 6/19/12 2:40 pm - Lincoln, NE
I am not new to OH but I am new to this forum. I am almost to goal weight and my doc recommends checking into plastic surgery. Can anybody share their thoughts on what to look for in a plastic surgeon and how your process went? Thanks very much for yourRich Thanks in advance for your help.
Rich Sonderegger

JustLookingToo
on 6/19/12 10:41 pm, edited 6/19/12 10:42 pm - AL
Hi! Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your weight loss. There's a TON of information on this forum about different types of surgery. If your doctor is recommending surgery, you may even be able to get some financial help from your insurance company. There are steps that you need to take to do that, like going to your doctor and documenting rashes so you can prove medical need, and you can also read more about that kind of stuff in this forum. The vast majority of us end up having to find ways to pay for surgery ourselves because it's so difficult to deal with insurance companies, and, because it's pretty hard to get a good surgeon to help with insurance claims these days.

You can just go through some of the old posts and read anything that stands out as pertaining to you. That's probably the easiest way to start. Then, if you have any more questions, just start a new thread and ask.

I don't suppose I have any specific advice, except that you should see a few surgeons and pick the one that you feel most comfortable with. I had a facelift in Costa Rica in March, and an extended Tummy Tuck in Pensacola on June 7th. I still plan to do my arms and a breast lift, but probably not until spring. I'm tired of "recovery" for now, and want to take time to enjoy my results before diving into more surgery.

Good luck with your surgical adventures!

(deactivated member)
on 6/20/12 6:44 am
Small world, we have the same bariatric surgeon. I'm in Omaha and go to the support group meetings every month for methodist maybe we've met at some point.

Anyways congrats on the weight loss you must feel a lot better and I see your 1 year out from surgery. The next few months is the time to get it done in my opinion while your still kind of in the honeymoon phase of the surgery and your at a good weight. I was 2 1/2 years out from my VSG when I had plastics and had gained back over 25 lbs from my lowest weight after WLS surgery. Certainly this is my fault for putting it back on, but wish I would have had plastics around the 1 year point when winterstein brought it up to me instead of waiting like I did.

Do your homework on the different kind of surgeries available and the surgeons that do them. LOOK at thier before and after pics! Cost is certainly a factor but wish I would have had more work done at once by a different surgeon and maybe I would be happier now. If it sound like I have some regrets I do!

This board is a tremendous resource for information I wish I would utilized it more in the months leading up to my surgery. I'm certainly far from an expert but feel free to ask me any ?'s I would be happy to help.

Good luck,
Brian
Crazeru
on 6/20/12 7:44 am
Dr Sauceda has a group here on OH.  You can click on Dr Sauceda in my siggy line and it'll take you over to our group.  We have 2 ladies in Monterrey now and 2 came home this week.  Lots of info.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

roundater
on 6/20/12 10:37 pm - Lincoln, NE
Thank you all. Your advice is really helpful.
Rich Sonderegger

Most Active